Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody Else Starting To Actually RESENT The Club For Their Lack Of Focus On The Pitch?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anybody Else Starting To Actually RESENT The Club For Their Lack Of Focus On The Pitch?
You're resenting the club! Wow. What the **** is wrong with you? With a bit of luck you're just drunk, or maybe taking the piss. Because the alternative is that you're a bit ****ed up.

If TB was pocketing a profit, then I could at least understand your point of view. But he's spending millions on the playing side. We've had some bad luck with injuries (Hoskins, Baldock, and whatever happened to CMS), and we've made some mistakes in the transfer window. But non of that was deliberate was it, FFS. The club are trying, it just didn't work last season.

****ing bedwetter.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Banter from mates is different from criticism from fans. Sometimes we as fans can be really cruel, I have learnt that from reading on here.

Do you really think that NSC would be critical of a young lad in a nothing game? Even the biggest offenders on here wouldn't do that. What if Walton let in a howler would the fans turn on him? I think you are being a bit over sensitive on his behalf.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So it's OK to be up until gone 2:30 am? After the fecking disaster of a season they all put in, they should have kept their frigging heads down.

Anything goes then in your eyes?

That's a bit of a leap, isn't it? From being ok with something akin to a nip of brandy before bed, the night before a quite meaningless game where the bulk of preparation would have already been done to 'anything goes'.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
index.jpgindex1.jpg4881.jpgamex.jpg
:thumbsup:
Always the support the team you love

:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The infrastructure must come first as it then sets us up for progression.Yes that might seem way out,but our progression is only halted because we don't buy players to suit a footballing system in which we don't have.It seems to me that we're stuck in a time warp with our footballing philosophy of passing it out the back and getting nowhere...How many managers is it now?
It's blatantly clear that to progress you need to have an abundance of pace and to score lots of goals in this league going by previous sides that have got promoted.

We don't have a system and that means we don't get the right players in....Simple things need to be changed at the club as we've been a dire boring defensive side for far to long and no manager has changed that dire philosophy.

Get on two strikers and two wingers and creativity through the middle and focus on winning from the first minute rather than this same old bollocks of keeping it tight and maybe nicking it 1-0 bore fackingeringggggggg.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If the club is going to sign experienced strikers, he won't even get on the bench next season. Now his mates will probably tease him with 10 second Tilley puns over the summer :facepalm:.

Far from it. He's getting lots of congratulations on Twitter. The majority of his team mates won't be here next season because they're not good enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So it's OK to be up until gone 2:30 am? After the fecking disaster of a season they all put in, they should have kept their frigging heads down.

Anything goes then in your eyes?

El Pres has already answered this well, but having a drink until late does not equate with anything goes. Come on, name names and their job titles.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Suggest OP takes a season out, just go to a select few games and do other things. Supporters like players sometimes need a break to refresh. You're out with an injury son! Come back in eg 9months! Gently does it :)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Assuming the board monitor this, er, board, the more hi-vis threads the better. IMHO, like. If we don't let constantly let them know they need to do better, they'll be overly complacent about ST renewal figures (many of which are due to sheer laziness, same as most people who can afford it don't change their energy supplier)

I've never changed my energy supplier ??? do you need to?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Far from it. He's getting lots of congratulations on Twitter. The majority of his team mates won't be here next season because they're not good enough.

It was a tongue in cheek comment in response to andy1980 saying that Hughton was saving him from Brighton fans (being cruel) and writing that he isn't ready.

I believe now and at the time that he should have got at least 10 mins and a chance to kick the ball, especially after hearing Millwall subbed on Philpot, the 18yo who they signed last Thursday, and went on to score with his first touch. I'm not saying Tilley would have scored, but to play a part in some passages of play would have been better for him. He won't get that chance again for a long time.

I know, how about this for an idea? Let's just throw shed loads of money at it. That's a guaranteed way to get promotion. Everybody knows that.

Isn't it?

If it works, great.

If it doesn't, it doesn't matter, plenty more where that came from. Tony's got plenty, he won't miss the odd 20 or 30 million.

Or, we could do what we are doing now. Living (roughly) within our means - Tony's means. Make sure we are going to be here next season and the season after and 20 years time when my grandchildren will be posting on here.

We'll get to the Premier League one day. Maybe next season, maybe the one after, maybe the one after that. Sooner or later we´ll get there and when we do we will be in a far better situation than if we just throw money around today like there is no tomorrow.

And when we do, we'll probably be moaning that it's boring, the league's not competitive, four or five big boys will always be at the top. Nobody will be happier than me when we do get there but in the meantime I'm happy to enjoy being in probably the most competitive league in world football.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Do you really think that NSC would be critical of a young lad in a nothing game? Even the biggest offenders on here wouldn't do that. What if Walton let in a howler would the fans turn on him? I think you are being a bit over sensitive on his behalf.

I'm not being over sensitive. I just don't think there was anything wrong with not risking him for any period of time on the pitch. I think him officially getting his debut is job done with minimal risk of anything.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm not being over sensitive. I just don't think there was anything wrong with not risking him for any period of time on the pitch. I think him officially getting his debut is job done with minimal risk of anything.

Nothing ventured nothing gained and that decision rings alarm bells to me. I knew Hughton was cautious but I am now concerned at how cautious he will be. The incident in itself is not that relevant but the message he sent out is.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
At what point did building the infrastructure and add-ons become the main focus of our football club?

I'm sure a very lovely training complex exists somewhere in the county. I'm sure the players swan around within it like GODS wearing bathrobes and slippers.

It's all Emperors New Clothes tho eh?

None of that sh*t will get you promoted to the hallowed ground of the Premier League, then finishing bottom 3 and scooping the parachute payments. You need serious investment and/or team spirit to make that leap. How do we recreate that team spirit nowadays? Used to be easy in the Withdean days cos there was f*ck all else going for us. How do we do that NOW?

I have no resentment towards the club. Hadnt even crossed my mind.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Nothing ventured nothing gained and that decision rings alarm bells to me. I knew Hughton was cautious but I am now concerned at how cautious he will be. The incident in itself is not that relevant but the message he sent out is.

I think you are right that he is cautious. The problem will be if we don't get that striker who is going to put away his chances. A cautious manager doesn't mean a bad one. Chris and Tony need to know the players that are going to thrive under his leadership.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
And when we do, we'll probably be moaning that it's boring, the league's not competitive, four or five big boys will always be at the top.

That won't be a patch on the complaints about paying more for fewer games. That will be positively epic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here