Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody Else Starting To Actually RESENT The Club For Their Lack Of Focus On The Pitch?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
If the club is going to sign experienced strikers, he won't even get on the bench next season. Now his mates will probably tease him with 10 second Tilley puns over the summer :facepalm:.

Banter from mates is different from criticism from fans. Sometimes we as fans can be really cruel, I have learnt that from reading on here.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Ticket income in 2014 was £10.4 million. That includes away fans and pay on the day purchases too.

If we lose 20% of ST income by 2015/16 then I reckon it would be about a £1.2 million drop in revenue.

Do you think we will gain that £1.2 million from other places, like increased advertising or something? Do you also think we can cut back by that amount (not playing side)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do you think we will gain that £1.2 million from other places, like increased advertising or something? Do you also think we can cut back by that amount (not playing side)

The club (and this is mainly driven by Paul Barber, who has done a good job on this side of things IMO) has cut costs. We would be in League 1 if Ken Brown was still at the helm.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you've got a spare million to throw away every month on Emperer's new clothes, then let us know. What would be the point? Season ticket sales are a small part of the club's income.

ST sales are a small part of the club's income? Where on earth does the rest come from? ???

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
The club (and this is mainly driven by Paul Barber, who has done a good job on this side of things IMO) has cut costs. We would be in League 1 if Ken Brown was still at the helm.

Do you think there is much more costs we can cut, or do you feel we are as trim as we can be?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
ST sales are a small part of the club's income? Where on earth does the rest come from? ???

Last season it was

Tony Bloom £10.6 million
Ticket sales £10.4 million
TV £5 million
Advertising £4.9 million
Kit etc £1.3 million
Catering £1.3 million
Grants £0.5 million
Media £0.5 million

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do you think there is much more costs we can cut, or do you feel we are as trim as we can be?

Difficult one as I'm not on the inside. I think all the potential cuts have been made, but if attendances do fall further then the club will be able to pro-rata some savings as less customers to deal with.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not TECHNICALLY 'a small part' then eh El Pres?

Never said it was TH! Take a look at my first reply to your original comment.

The club should be doing all it can to fill the 8-10,000 empty seats next season.

As for small parts, it was YOU who orginally told me that size doesn't matter xx

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Difficult one as I'm not on the inside. I think all the potential cuts have been made, but if attendances do fall further then the club will be able to pro-rata some savings as less customers to deal with.

That is good in away as that means we are being financially efficient. Hopefully we can get to a time when our income is maximised, then we can truly see where we are (if we ain't there already).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last season it was

Tony Bloom £10.6 million
Ticket sales £10.4 million
TV £5 million
Advertising £4.9 million
Kit etc £1.3 million
Catering £1.3 million
Grants £0.5 million
Media £0.5 million

Ticket sales include the wealthy 1901s not plebs like us in the north stand.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Were they blind drunk? Or were they just having a quiet drink?

It was 2:30 am. Less than 10 hours before kick off. Does it really matter how drunk they were? It was less than a quiet drink since you asked.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It was 2:30 am. Less than 10 hours before kick off. Does it really matter how drunk they were? It was less than a quiet drink since you asked.

I think it does matter. I have no problem with my work colleagues drinking a night before a day of work, especially if they're not doing much the following day, as would be the case of back room staff.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Absolute rubbish. I have stayed at hotel/spa near Bristol a couple of times, where football teams have been booked in on the Friday night. The backroom staff were enjoying a drink in the bar both times. It happens at all clubs.

So it's OK to be up until gone 2:30 am? After the fecking disaster of a season they all put in, they should have kept their frigging heads down.

Anything goes then in your eyes?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think it does matter. I have no problem with my work colleagues drinking a night before a day of work, especially if they're not doing much the following day, as would be the case of back room staff.

Not much to do? Maybe you should try and find out who was there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here