Any Old-timers remember this player?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
One of my favourite Albion players when I was a lot younger. Can anybody name him?

Attachments

• who_05.JPG
    who_05.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 537

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Is it Cameron from Ferris Buellers day off?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looks like that was taken ages ago. I'll have a guess at Ken Beamish (but I suspect it was before then)

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
Bit more info from Wikipedia.

His ability was such that England manager Alf Ramsey had him watched in the build-up to the World Cup finals in 1966 despite Albion being mid-table in the Third Division at the time.

I think Alf Ramsey must have been having a joke, from what I remember of this player.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looks like that was taken ages ago. I'll have a guess at Ken Beamish (but I suspect it was before then)

I think you find that rather than being 'taken', that the image in question is what my Grandad used to call a 'painting'. Perhaps some of the older posters on here could shed some light on this quaint old-time concept?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fair enough. Perhaps "taken" was the wrong word.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think you find that rather than being 'taken', that the image in question is what my Grandad used to call a 'painting'. Perhaps some of the older posters on here could shed some light on this quaint old-time concept?

:D:D

Looks more like one of those old cigarette cards we used to save.
We would look for thrown away packets to see if the cards were still in them when I was a kid. Full sets are worth a good bit of cash today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports