Any NSCers heading out to New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Wait, what am I missing? What televised match and when? I play on Sundays so tend to not like staying up too late on Saturday nights :p

As for wildlife tours, I know they will be likely starting next month, don't quote me on this though, I'm just guessing from the end of daylight savings. I do the odd bit of work for Chris from Back to Nature tours and hes been out of town recently as its been the off season. Depending on how long you are in town I can probably find out the absolute best time to go. Hes originally from Scotland and a Hearts supporter of all teams, but has been guiding in NZ for many years now in Dunedin and around the South Island and I'd highly recommend him.

I should point out I am not an expat, I am a born and bred Kiwi.

Isn't the Leeds match on TV or have I been misinformed? On the Friday night innit?

Went to the new stadium yesterday to watch Wellington Phoenix Vs Brisbane. Brisbane played some good football. The stadium is rather strange. It's fully covered, but the West stand reminds me very much of Withdean - It's all exposed scaffolding below and portakabins for toilets. May change before the WC though. They were still doing work outside the stadium. Unfortunately bumped into a Palace fan as well.

RE the tour. If you could find the best time to go that would be brilliant, thanks.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Not really a rugby fan, but seeing as I'm heading out there on Monday (and plan to base myself in Dunedin for a while) I thought it'd be rude not to take in a match or two.

Would be nice to organise an Albion meet-up or something.

Take your thermals, its bloody freezing down there at the moment. I'm going to England v Scotland in Auckland, apart from that can't be arsed, the New Zealand team should walk it.

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
Too right it is. Froze my bollocks off walking into town a couple of hours ago. Brrrrrrrrr.

I've been wearing shorts all day, its not that bad.

Also people may have memories of Carisbrook which did have a rep for being cold and windy, but the new stadium is fully indoors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports