Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any NSCers heading out to New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup?

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Not really a rugby fan, but seeing as I'm heading out there on Monday (and plan to base myself in Dunedin for a while) I thought it'd be rude not to take in a match or two.

Would be nice to organise an Albion meet-up or something.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
It'll be a great atmosphere out there. The whole country will be living this world cup. Just hope that New Zealand will get far in the tournament, otherwise the country will not be (as) happy.

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
I've been wondering if an NSCers are going to show up in Dunedin with the England games. If you have any questions about the city I'll do my best to answer them.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Went out for the 2005 Lions tour,... got a rough deal from the very in your face All Black fans,... never again,...... and it rained constantly.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Yes, about 2-3 blocks from the Octagon.

I'm currently on Stafford Street, at the YHA. Gimme a shout if you fancy meeting up for the Albion televisd match.

AND RE the rugby I now have a ticket to England Vs Romania. Looking forward to my first ever rugby match!!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm currently on Stafford Street, at the YHA. Gimme a shout if you fancy meeting up for the Albion televisd match.

AND RE the rugby I now have a ticket to England Vs Romania. Looking forward to my first ever rugby match!!

I stayed in that place too! I recommend the wildlife tour but you're probably the wrong time of year for the Albatrosses.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Went to last World cup final and 97 and 2001 Lions.
Greatest holidays of my life.
Think we might make semis anything else is a bonus.
Aussies dark horses.

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand

Wait, what am I missing? What televised match and when? I play on Sundays so tend to not like staying up too late on Saturday nights :p

As for wildlife tours, I know they will be likely starting next month, don't quote me on this though, I'm just guessing from the end of daylight savings. I do the odd bit of work for Chris from Back to Nature tours and hes been out of town recently as its been the off season. Depending on how long you are in town I can probably find out the absolute best time to go. Hes originally from Scotland and a Hearts supporter of all teams, but has been guiding in NZ for many years now in Dunedin and around the South Island and I'd highly recommend him.

I should point out I am not an expat, I am a born and bred Kiwi.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
I'm currently travelling and won't make it to NZ before the semi finals. I am however hoping to fly over to Auckland from Sydney for a few days to watch the England v Scotland game at the start of Oct.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Went to last World cup final and 97 and 2001 Lions.
Greatest holidays of my life.
Think we might make semis anything else is a bonus.
Aussies dark horses.

Aussies dark horses? How can the team ranked number 2 in the world be dark horses for the world cup?!
I think England are impossible to write off, we've got a habit of grinding out ugly wins when we have to. I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to English rugby though.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland

Can someone clue me in on how to watch a televised Albion match in NZ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here