Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any North East England Seagulls?

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
I was snatched from the clutches of Leeds as a boy. Still live in Leeds and have only ever made one home game. Regular at many away games though North and south.

Can be part of NESSIE please.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I was snatched from the clutches of Leeds as a boy. Still live in Leeds and have only ever made one home game. Regular at many away games though North and south.

Can be part of NESSIE please.

...and it was me that did the snatching.....:clap2::clap2:

Aug 15, 2003
Falkirk, Scotland
Obviously the Scottish Seagulls - Bhalba have to travel your way to get to some games. Check out our website Bhalba or our Facebook page 'Bhalba - Scottish Seagulls' for more info and updates on away games. Feel free to become our 'friend'.

If you want to join our email group just go the website and instructions are there - otherwise pm me.

Oct 25, 2003
can someone verify where the north east starts?

was always told that it goes from around middlesbrough up to the scottish border? i certainly wouldn't include anywhere in yorkshire (apart from north-north yorkshire)

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
can someone verify where the north east starts?

was always told that it goes from around middlesbrough up to the scottish border? i certainly wouldn't include anywhere in yorkshire (apart from north-north yorkshire)

I would agree that it is from The Tweed to just South of The Tees. When Prescott attempted to foist a North-East Assembly on us, that was the area. Credit to the man, he did manage to unite the entire region on that one; every single part voted "no".
Ofcourse, in The Dark Ages the Kingdom Of Northumbria stretched to The Humber, but nowadays I don't really think anyone living South of very North Yorkshire would class themselves as living in The North East. Actually, I don't even like the term much anyway. For most of the country I fear the North East means Newcastle and geordieland, and those of us a few miles South of The Tyne get very irritated about that; particularly as many in Newcastle/Gateshead think they are the only bit of the North East that matters.

Jan 3, 2008
As Geordie Seagull doesn't post on here very much. I will do my best to recount it on his behalf...

He is born and raised Geordie, but when he was young he quite liked the name Brighton. His dad hoped that he would grow a Newcastle fan and took him to a match to try and encourage this.

You can guess who the opponents were....Brighton.

From then on he was hooked.

He had not actually been to watch a home game until this season, as I understand. But has been a regular at some of the Northern away games for a while.

I think I have done a good enough job, but I am Geordie Seagull will be able to make any corrections.

Brian Fantana's recount of my story is pretty damn accurate. We're back in the 70's and i thought Brighton was a pretty cool name. And that where it all started. Simple as that. The game at St James followed a couple of years later.

When i'd play football in the garden or on the field, my mates wanted to be Liverpool, Man U etc and yes, I wanted to be Brighton!! I still remember vividly going along to the local sports shop with my Dad and not being able to comprehend why there weren't racks of Brighton shirts! Equally, when I began to understand the basics of geography, to say that it was a surprise & disappointment to discover that Brighton was so bloody far away is an understatement!!

I've followed them on away games across the North, but Brian is right, I finally got around to seeing a home game this season - after 30 years or so support - crazy I know, but then again the whole story is. I flew down, sat with Bloom's brother, Martin Perry, Dick Knight et al - all top people. Even met Peter Ward who was over - you couldn't make it up really.

My office is absolutely plastered with Brighton memorabilia and if you were in any doubt about my allegiances - my house is called Albion House!

(p.s. sorry Brian about the tip for the Grand National!)

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I am another of our growing band of North East based Seagulls. I have been stuck up her in Newcastle for 20 years now but still call Brighton "home". I have a mate just up the road who is also Brighton through and through, having been wrenched from his birthplace (Whitehawk) and made to settle in the Toon aged about 4 years.

dolphin123

May 12, 2009
That's a heart-warming story. Anyone being snatched from the clutches of the toon (providing they don't become a manuite) is to be applauded.
Sunderland are my team, as is fairly obvious, but since Poyet's arrival I've kept a close eye on the fortunes of B&HA. I'll have a better idea in three weeks time, whether I'll be a Wearside (semi) Seagull next season.

Nial Quinns Disco pants are the best.

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
As long as Hartlepool falls into the NESSIE region then I'm happy.

The Wikipedia definition is:
North East England is one of the nine official regions of England and comprises the combined area of Northumberland, County Durham, Tyne and Wear, and Tees Valley (including parts of North Yorkshire).

For me, having lived in Sussex all my life up to three years ago, anything past the M25 is the North, while anything east of the M1 is East, but that's just because when I'm driving down to the jewel of the country that is Sussex, I feel a sense of being 'nearly there' once I start looking for the A23 Brighton signs.
Am heading back down in four weeks time for the first time since early February and am looking forward to stopping at the new stadium again. I'm always amazed how much things are progressing each time and, as much as I enjoy Jack Straw's work every Friday, seeing it in person just can't be beat and fills me with anticipation, as well as memories of the past decade we have all endured to get to this point. I can't wait until 6th August 2011....

I reckon as we're a democratic outreach of the Albion family, and in the spirit of Fans United which is in our very souls after all our struggles, we could always consider 'honourary' members from South Yorkshire perhaps?

Also it's good to hear from the Albion's Scottish branch. NESSIE just naturally ties in the auld Loch country I suppose :)

ps Always remember -
BRIGHTON FANS; PROBABLY THE BEST FANS IN THE WORLD

:falmer:

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Geordie seagull is a bloody legend.

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here