Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any North East England Seagulls?

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
I live in t'north and was wondering if there were any other Albion fans in this neck of the woods?
:shrug:

Halcyon

Who let the Doug out?
Jul 22, 2008
Teesside
Yup! Made the transition from a North West Seagull to North East Seagull last year. Live just outside of Middlesbrough!

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
I'm in Hartlepool but work in Middlesbrough.
Hopefully through NSC we'll be able to get a NESSIE (North East SeagullS In Exile) set up
:thumbsup:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Spent 3 years in Newcastle, moved back down South last summer. Still spend quite a lot of time up there.

You should hear Geordie Seagulls' story, it's amazing.

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Come on Geordie Seagull. The floor is yours.
Spill the mushy peas

Toongull - I too used to live in Portslade, just up the road from the Mill House pub. Lived there from aged 8, 1975-1994. Been up here for the last 3 years.

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
The more the better as far as I'm concerned.
Maybe rough boundaries of Leeds/Hull to the south and Newcastle to the north? Yorkshire, Teesside, Tyneside, Durham and Northumberland (ish)?

I think the first thing NESSIE need to do is mobilise into persuading Geordie Seagull to give us his story.....

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
As Geordie Seagull doesn't post on here very much. I will do my best to recount it on his behalf...

He is born and raised Geordie, but when he was young he quite liked the name Brighton. His dad hoped that he would grow a Newcastle fan and took him to a match to try and encourage this.

You can guess who the opponents were....Brighton.

From then on he was hooked.

He had not actually been to watch a home game until this season, as I understand. But has been a regular at some of the Northern away games for a while.

I think I have done a good enough job, but I am Geordie Seagull will be able to make any corrections.

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Good darts Brian.

Good on you Geordie. He didn't glory hunt, he went against his Toon peers and has probably been ribbed for years. Oh how I wish more like him would see the light that is supporting the Albion, the best club in the world.

:goal:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
As Geordie Seagull doesn't post on here very much. I will do my best to recount it on his behalf...

He is born and raised Geordie, but when he was young he quite liked the name Brighton. His dad hoped that he would grow a Newcastle fan and took him to a match to try and encourage this.

You can guess who the opponents were....Brighton.

From then on he was hooked.

He had not actually been to watch a home game until this season, as I understand. But has been a regular at some of the Northern away games for a while.

I think I have done a good enough job, but I am Geordie Seagull will be able to make any corrections.

That's a heart-warming story. Anyone being snatched from the clutches of the toon (providing they don't become a manuite) is to be applauded.
Sunderland are my team, as is fairly obvious, but since Poyet's arrival I've kept a close eye on the fortunes of B&HA. I'll have a better idea in three weeks time, whether I'll be a Wearside (semi) Seagull next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here