Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Taylor - referee

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not because we lost but I thought he was awful today esp allowing Arsenal to waste time during goal celebrations and goal kicks.

What’s the point in warning them and then running away to let them continue?

FIFA and EPL need to do some joined up thinking on time wasting and our refs need to show some bottle.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He let Lamptey waste a lot of time with some throws. Gave us some very soft free kicks then waved away appeals for similar from Arsenal. Also seemed to go the other way with free kicks, too (giving some to arsenal then not giving similar to us).
Doesn’t make him a good ref tho does it?

Lamptey was so indecisive on throw ins I think the ref gave him a few extra seconds for him to decide which Arsenal player to throw it to.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I read that the English game (EPL etc) don’t want to follow FIFA’s lead in ….. carrying out time management correctly.

Citing concerns to player safety/heath should playing times extend.

Little England strikes again. Mavericks for the sake of it.
Bang on.

PL apparently happy for fans to be short-changed.

Sick of the time wasting

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I read that the English game (EPL etc) don’t want to follow FIFA’s lead in ….. carrying out time management correctly.

Citing concerns to player safety/heath should playing times extend.

Little England strikes again. Mavericks for the sake of it.
Shame. That was brilliant in the World Cup. Pee around with fake injuries and goal celebrations and you could be jolly certain that the fourth official would be giving at least 11 minutes of added time.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thought he was ok :shrug:

Seen a hell of a lot worse.

Yes ridiculous time wasting and did book one of their defenders for it but he's got to follow of the FA guidelines.
What are those guidelines for when 10 players are deliberately time wasting after Scoring a goal, and when the referee runs to warn them, and they just continue celebrating before they return in dribs and drabs to the half way line for play to re commence? 4 bloody times!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Didn’t have the balls to card Saka he loves an England player.
Agreed should have had a second yellow……and allowing the Arsenal goal Celebes to go on as long as they did was just taking the piss…..Martinelli and Nketiah dive a couple of times each..no card…Sarmiento once….carded….the guys a turnip

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Doesn’t make him a good ref tho does it?

Lamptey was so indecisive on throw ins I think the ref gave him a few extra seconds for him to decide which Arsenal player to throw it to.
…and at the time when we were losing, so we hardly wanted to waste time….though you might want to ask what Levi C was doing In the first half dithering over the ball

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Agreed should have had a second yellow……and allowing the Arsenal goal Celebes to go on as long as they did was just taking the piss…..Martinelli and Nketiah dive a couple of times each..no card…Sarmiento once….carded….the guys a turnip
I’ve no issue with Sarmiento’s card (or one Estupinan should’ve got at Charlton) but until a ref has the bottle to issue a second yellow the cheating and gamesmanship will continue

Ps - I didn’t hear him called a turnip😀

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’ve no issue with Sarmiento’s card (or one Estupinan should’ve got at Charlton) but until a ref has the bottle to issue a second yellow the cheating and gamesmanship will continue
I’ve no issue with it providing he’s consistent…and my post indicates he wasn’t

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thought he was pretty good compared to most as he didn’t take the attitude that if an Arsenal player went down it MUST be a foul because they’re famous. If anything, we got away with a few. But football as a whole has to do something about time-wasting. The deliberate ploy of taking an age to restart after scoring needs to stop - VAR seems to have given teams the excuse they need for ludicrously lengthy celebrations. Just let the other team kick off & get on with it….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here