Faversham

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
1693503438031.png

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm advising caution as to his fitness.

Yes, he featured in 50 games last season, but in a way that suggests careful reintegration after an injury.

It's very rare for a player to be sub that often and start so few games unless there's some serious minute management going on. It's clearly not just that he can't get in in front of Ferran and Dembele (and latterly Yamal) fine players that they are.

I think we'll have to continue this process of easing him in. The notion that he'll be 90 mins Thursday, Sunday, Thursday, Sunday is obviously not going to happen.
There’s a very detailed article in the Athletic today about his injury issues, for anyone that wants a reality check around this issue.

He could be fantastic… the potential’s there… but his injury issues and high salary mean we should temper expectations a bit.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
There’s a very detailed article in the Athletic today about his injury issues, for anyone that wants a reality check around this issue.

He could be fantastic… the potential’s there… but his injury issues and high salary mean we should temper expectations a bit.
Unsurprisingly the article is not written by Naylor. One of the most momentous days in our club’s history and absolutely nothing at all from our club writer.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
One rumour of his arrival at the training ground in Lancing, however I have found no pictures yet...

NOTE: It is confirmed that he will be arriving by car, and I believe there is someone reporting at the training ground currently.

Any fellow NSCers have spotted any arrivals at Lancing training ground?

I can confirm he did not arrive in the blacked out range rovers. Not sure where that came from. I can confirm or deny more than that, but I won’t! I am however in a VERY good mood this evening! 😏

Last edited:

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Unsurprisingly the article is not written by Naylor. One of the most momentous days in our club’s history and absolutely nothing at all from our club writer.
I think someone mentioned earlier that when it comes to speculation, one of the other Athletic staff writers usually covers it, so that the journos with close links to clubs do not upset their sources.

makes sense to me. not a Naylor fan or critic but seems a fair assumption.

Jul 7, 2003
Part of me still finds it hilarious that these superstars go to work in LANCING every day 😂
When I had a brief spell working in Lancing back in 1995, our lunchtime was usually either a cheap pint and food in the Merry Monk or we would take a late lunch and go into the car auctions for a bacon bap and a cuppa. I have a feeling that things may be different for our Footballers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here