Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The plane has currently started the crossing of the English Channel - the time of arrival at Biggin Hill is around 15:30 BST

It seems like it will be heading over Sussex, so you may spot it.

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
They need the cash they’d save on wages - also despite those appearances, they were mainly minutes and non-starters - since his devastating injuries, he’s slipped down in the pecking order - he needs the regular starts he would get on loan to a lower La Liega club or PL club (like us!)

They need to get his wages off their books. They want Cancelo and João Felix and can't currently because of the tight rules out there. Also just space in the squad in general.
And he played in lot of games last year but rarely started. Suggestion is his game has developed slightly since the injuries so he needs more game time understanding the way his body works and perhaps learning a slightly different position.

They need him off the wage bill as they want to sign Cancelo. La Liga rules only allow a certain amount spent on wages.
Great, thanks chaps

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
The plane has currently started the crossing of the English Channel - the time of arrival at Biggin Hill is around 15:30 BST

It seems like it will be heading over Sussex, so you may spot it - my guess is that it will fly above Newhaven.
Newhaven? Quick, someone close the blinds on that plane! Nothing to see here Ansu

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They need the cash they’d save on wages - also despite those appearances, they were mainly minutes and non-starters - since his devastating injuries, he’s slipped down in the pecking order - he needs the regular starts he would get on loan to a lower La Liega club or PL club (like us!)
Yeah essentially this. Takes wages off Barca's wage bill so they can sign Cancelo and gives us a year developing further a player who was tipped to be the next Messi at only 16. He's still only 20. When he goes back he won't be directly competing with us, unlike Colwill is (unless we get to the Champions League :drink: )

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I know this goes against the grain of the average NSC user (and their age!) but the kids love the CL and prefer it to the domestic cup competitions.
Fair enough, I enjoy much of the KO bit myself but the group stages tend to be dull. Man City or Real Madrid can lose a game and you just shrug as you know it really doesn’t matter. I’d love it to be a KO from the start, as it used to be. The group stages are essentially a cash generator for the clubs and TV companies. After that phase, yes it’s definitely more exciting.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
“It was ultimately Roberto De Zerbi who managed to convince the player, though, with Sport saying the phone call with the Italian ‘changed everything’. That’s backed up by Marca, who say the Italian managed to convince the player and his family.”

google translated from link below

“His new team will be Brighton & Hove Albion, a destination that surprises at first (some of his suitors were teams like Tottenham, who was on pole) but that has been the decision of Ansu and his family, convinced that they can resurface under the command of Roberto De Zerbi.

The Italian's call was key for the Spanish international to opt for the sixth place club in the Premier League last season. “

:yes:❤️❤️
I'm thinking we should probably keep De Zerbi for a while longer

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Fair enough, I enjoy much of the KO bit myself but the group stages tend to be dull. Man City or Real Madrid can lose a game and you just shrug as you know it really doesn’t matter. I’d love it to be a KO from the start, as it used to be. The group stages are essentially a cash generator for the clubs and TV companies. After that phase, yes it’s definitely more exciting.
If we don't want a Super League style break away, and I appreciate some fans would be happy to lose some of those clubs, then it is the only way. Understand it's not for everyone but for people like me who love European football and prefer it to domestic stuff, those early games are great.

Prepare for it to get even more overblown and long winded with the incoming changes though! 😬

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
It seems like the pilot is trying to avoid flying over Brighton.

No risks taken, he doesn't want a repeat of that Leeds incident 😅

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Currently the 8th most tracked flight globally on Flight Radar BTW

Top effort, chaps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here