Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another parking ticket thread (sorry!)

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Sorry for hijacking but I'm in a similar position. Parked outside the asda in Lancing for 5 minutes and that guy who hides in the bushes slapped a pcn on my windscreen (vehicle spotted between 16.26 and 16.27, seriously)
Anyway I took the ignore option on the advise of others and have received around 4-5 letters now threatening me. Shall I carry on ignoring or do something?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I can't wait for the first 'I parked on Coldean Lane because <insert lame reason> and now I've been fined. Who can I appeal to?' thread.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sorry for hijacking but I'm in a similar position. Parked outside the asda in Lancing for 5 minutes and that guy who hides in the bushes slapped a pcn on my windscreen (vehicle spotted between 16.26 and 16.27, seriously)
Anyway I took the ignore option on the advise of others and have received around 4-5 letters now threatening me. Shall I carry on ignoring or do something?

I'm assuming this is a private PCN - i.e. it said Parking Charge Notice not Penalty Charge notice. If so :

Because you ignored you're too late to appeal. The good news is that I'm guessing your invoice is from Smart Parking ? They don't do court ! Continue to ignore

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I can't wait for the first 'I parked on Coldean Lane because <insert lame reason> and now I've been fined. Who can I appeal to?' thread.

Entirely different as it's a council parking scheme - they DO have the right to fine people. That said they often get the process or traffic orders wrong so it's always worth appealing. Before you say it - I don't condone people parking where they shouldn't !!!!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I'm assuming this is a private PCN - i.e. it said Parking Charge Notice not Penalty Charge notice. If so :

Because you ignored you're too late to appeal. The good news is that I'm guessing your invoice is from Smart Parking ? They don't do court ! Continue to ignore

Dear WS
Some time ago I got a charge notice from Athena ANPR for overstaying at Lidl.
I decided to ignore (from internet advice)
Now received a final demand with threats of Debt Collection and County court action.

Do I continue to ignore or is there something I should do.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Dear WS
Some time ago I got a charge notice from Athena ANPR for overstaying at Lidl.
I decided to ignore (from internet advice)
Now received a final demand with threats of Debt Collection and County court action.

Do I continue to ignore or is there something I should do.

Bloody hell - have I suddenly become the Claire Rayner for parking tickets ? In all likelihood ANPR don't have a contract to allow them to take you to court. Continue to ignore and IF ( and it's a very BIG if ) you get court papers then go to MSE / Pepipoo for information on how to win.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Bloody hell - have I suddenly become the Claire Rayner for parking tickets ? In all likelihood ANPR don't have a contract to allow them to take you to court. Continue to ignore and IF ( and it's a very BIG if ) you get court papers then go to MSE / Pepipoo for information on how to win.

Sorry Clare, and thanks. :)

caitlee

Banned
Jan 13, 2014
Many drivers get parking ticket because of not following rules. A female has been handed the largest bill parking citations ever issued in Chicago. The tickets were given over a three year period to a dilapidated 1999 Chevy Monte Carlo. However, she is switching around and suing the city over the matter. How can that be you ask? Read on.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Many drivers get parking ticket because of not following rules. A female has been handed the largest bill parking citations ever issued in Chicago. The tickets were given over a three year period to a dilapidated 1999 Chevy Monte Carlo. However, she is switching around and suing the city over the matter. How can that be you ask? Read on.

No link here. Unusual first post.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Bye bye.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here