Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

another moan about last night...BUT THIS ONE IS NOT SERIOUS

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
went to get hot dog last nite,the guy in front had ordered one and the young lad serving him destroyed the roll trying to squash the sausage into it it looked like it was nearly in three pieces and then had the nerve to hand it to him,the guy told him where to shove it then made him start again. some of them catering staff just coulnt care less

The so called hot dogs look disgusting ,why would you even order one.My dogs eat better food than that shit.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
In my opinion the whole catering experience ain't a particularly good one, but if I wanted pukka food I wouldn't expect it at a football stadium.

In my experience Pukka is exactly what you would expect to get at most grounds :wink:

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Unfilled job vacancies and agency staff are probably part of the problem.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I've skipped all but the first page of this moan but can I say this.

During our presentations we were assured that the catering at the Amex would offer more than your average offering of burgers,pies& hotdogs.
When we attended a familiarisation evening it seemed to be true with noodles & curries on offer so what has changed.

Has making all the pies on site reduced the capacity to provide a more varied choice of food on offer.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Maybe it's cos thy get off on the rudeness lol

Internet hard men.....they would not dare to do it to your face......all hiding behind a keyboard....

Also many of the posters here are like lemmings one reply thinks they are funny/sarcastic etc then all his little buddies jump in...

Point is I wanted steak and got chicken.....you would not order a steak in a resto and get a chicken leg...

Its called customer service/satisfaction...

Half term only has a week left and all the kiddies will be back to school

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i might just add that I brought a pint and chicken pie deal prior to kick off AND it was so bloody hot it was great, I love the way the club actually took the weather into consideration and on the coldest westest night at the Amex so far they told the catering staff to make the pies extra hot.

Hats off Brighton....Top draw.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I ordered a pint and a chicken pie, I received a pint and a chicken pie, it was delicious. That is all..

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i was a tad annoyed with the little shop near the hikers rest ..it had sold out of polo's thus depriving me of my half time munch ..sigh

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very disappointed by the Steak and Ale offering last night.

1) Bland, lacked seasoning.

2) Wrong cut of meat possibly. The meat is "rubbery" and tasteless. That's simply the meat not being cooked long enough. You'd have a better result using a cheaper cut of meat and cooking it for longer. The need for longer cooking somewhat indicated by the visible pieces of onion. If cooked long enough the onion should melt away/

3) Not sure the puff pastry works as a base and suffers from a soggy collapse in the box.

Sounds petty. Well, there are rubbish mass produced pies on one hand - but the Amex pies of recent experience are ones made with quality ingredients (you can taste that) but just cooked badly.

The chicken and ham I had on the first game was astonishing. I couldn't believe I had bought something of that quality at a football ground. Massive chunks of real chicken. Actual meat. Remarkable.

Like the Albion they started very well but are now floundering mid table.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here