Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

another moan about last night...BUT THIS ONE IS NOT SERIOUS

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely you know that Steak Pies should be consumed with a pint of bitter ? Red meat demands a stronger flavour in order that the pie/pint axis complement each other and that the Yin/Yang is in balance.

I'm sure that the counter staff were merely righting your social faux pas by supplying you a Chicken Pie with your Foster's.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Last edited:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I asked for a chicken pie once, took a bite and to my disgust it was a veggie one. They immediately swapped it

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Last nights catering expereince of the refreshment staff.

Me: Can I have 2 pints and 2 halves please?

Azure person: Sorry we don't do halves.

Me: Yes you do, that's what i ordered. and recieved last time.

Azure: Not from this till:

Me: I think you'll find it was you know.

Azure: Well not fro me, we dont have small beakers.

Me: What are they then, those smaller ones next to the pint ones?

Azure: Dunno.

Me: OK, can I have 2 pints and 2 lagers in the smaller beakers please?

Azure: I'll have to charge you for pints for the smaller ones, the till doesn't do half prices.

Me: Yes it does, thats what I got charged last time. Look, never mind, can I have 3 pints please and could you give me 2 of those smaller glasses aswell.

Azure: No.

Me: i think you may need to try another proffesion.

This conversation really happened, WSU North End last bar.

really??!?! in block I?? who served you? I miss the ones that served me at the tottenham game, they keep replacing them with even more clueless people, who disappear from the bar for 10 minutes. The bloke in front of me ordered something, instead of asking someone to pour a pint, he slowly walked all the way around the back into the kitchen, poured one, and sauntered back..

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
whats the problem? i get given steak instead of chicken..took a bite in front of the cashier and said oh ok steak..thankyou though. its allnice food. disgraceful burger? as long as its edible who the frick cares what it looks like? were not the 1901 club

not a problem, unless your are of a religion where cows are sacred. Or a veggie.

I've had the wrong pie three times this season. Luckily I am not fussy.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
really??!?! in block I?? who served you? I miss the ones that served me at the tottenham game, they keep replacing them with even more clueless people, who disappear from the bar for 10 minutes. The bloke in front of me ordered something, instead of asking someone to pour a pint, he slowly walked all the way around the back into the kitchen, poured one, and sauntered back..

I miss the hot dog stand in the south west corner of the goldstone ...if they dropped the hot dog thy just just to dust it down and stuff it back into the roll ...o those were the days ...some people don't know how good they've got it

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Took the wife along for her first game at the Amex last night. She decided she wanted a glass of red wine with her pie. Yeah, I know, but anyway the guy serving us said they didn't have any red wine. I pointed at the numerous bottles of red wine on display behind him and asked "what are they then?"

He replied that he thought they were all bottles of Worcester sauce!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
not a problem, unless your are of a religion where cows are sacred. Or a veggie.

I've had the wrong pie three times this season. Luckily I am not fussy.

fair play sir, if you're hungry, not fussy, veggie, or hindu, surely food presentation is the last thing on your mind..my burger was falling apart in the box monday night, but it was warm and i wolfed if down in large chunks..that's how i like my burgers :)

it's like on watchdog once someone tried to take sainsburys and asda to court because the basic lasagne wasnt how it looked on the packet.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Took the wife along for her first game at the Amex last night. She decided she wanted a glass of red wine with her pie. Yeah, I know, but anyway the guy serving us said they didn't have any red wine. I pointed at the numerous bottles of red wine on display behind him and asked "what are they then?"

He replied that he thought they were all bottles of Worcester sauce!

i think i just miscarried...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
None of this can beat my ordering at the Hull game for my lad of a kiddie food box. Before walking away, I noticed it was virtually empty.
And the tea and water ordered & paid for, weren't initially handed over. With much head-scratching and help from us, 'brains' behind the counter eventually put food in the box.

We've turned it into a joke, and laugh at the incompetence.
Got there early last night, and no queue. My mate ordered a hot choc & chicken pie. The guy serving took so long over 2 basic items, that during those approx 5 minutes, a big queue built up. Probably to remain until kick off an hour later.

You've got to laugh. :lolol:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
At long last a sensible thread of "moans" moaning that deserves some space on NSC!! ............... People with PROPER issues and concerns!!!!

There are some posts that are truly incredible, situations one would not think could happen!!!!! Wine like Worcester Sauce!!! Cold Pies, wrong pies, pies with fork marks in!!!! OMG!!!!!!

I can only hope some of you have pulled through the obvious truma you all must have endured, PLEASE do ensure we hear more about these horrific stories.........NSC NEEDS TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit......PLEASE do keep these coming, me and the wife are crying with laughter at some of them!!! :laugh:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
At long last a sensible thread of "moans" moaning that deserves some space on NSC!! ............... People with PROPER issues and concerns!!!!

There are some posts that are truly incredible, situations one would not think could happen!!!!! Wine like Worcester Sauce!!! Cold Pies, wrong pies, pies with fork marks in!!!! OMG!!!!!!

I can only hope some of you have pulled through the obvious truma you all must have endured, PLEASE do ensure we hear more about these horrific stories.........NSC NEEDS TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

And the academy award for overuse of the exclamation mark goes to..................... ;-)

None of this can beat my ordering at the Hull game for my lad of a kiddie food box. Before walking away, I noticed it was virtually empty.
And the tea and water ordered & paid for, weren't initially handed over. With much head-scratching and help from us, 'brains' behind the counter eventually put food in the box.

Got there early last night, and no queue. My mate ordered a hot choc & chicken pie. The guy serving took so long over 2 basic items, that during those approx 5 minutes, a big queue built up. Probably to remain until kick off an hour later.

its a shambles only 2 games left to sort it out!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

O: i owe you guys a pint. pmsl.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here