Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another goalkeeper? [Ali Al-Habsi]

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
No idea! I just had a quick gander at that thread about Albion internationals from a few days ago (and yes, I probably have got too much time on my hands).

Need to get a couple of half decent Gibraltarians in next.............

what about a plumber from san marino... they must be lower ,, we could sign him and he could double up as the odd job man .. helping us to meet FFP...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ali Al-Habsi ‏@AliAlhabsi 2m2 minutes ago

Delighted to have joined #Bhafc on loan, can't wait to get back in action live on @skysports tomorrow

So now we know one of the starting XI tomorrow :lol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm going to stick my neck out here & say he's the first tights-wearing Omani-international and former firefighter with fifteen siblings to play for the Albion.

I think you're right. Joe Corrigan only had 14 siblings.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
George Santos - Cape Verde must be the lowest ever?

Lowest currently - either KLL and Toko (DR Congo) or Chicksen (Phillipines)?

I know a fair bit about Philippine football having lived there for 3 years and been married to a Filipina for 31 years, I am quite surprised that Chicksen has not broken into the Philippine football team yet,
I know they are trying to produce local talent but that takes many many years.. some local ( in Philippines) dont like foreign based players...
Also Adam Chicksen was adopted from Philippines as a toddler ( I think)....so maybe for some strange reason because he was legally adopted here he wont be considered...If anyone knows Adam please ask him..

Of course we had Christopher Greatwich a few years ago and now he is one of the 'stars' in the United Football league ( Philippines)

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Napper makes a good point. We should have kept the faith with Walton. Bournemouth away looks like a hiding to nothing but after a reasonable showing against Spurs Walton might have been the difference between said hiding and maybe a point.

So who would you play on Monday in the U21s game? Josh Smith got a red card last week & Walton has played most of those games.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
great keeper lets hope he can do the business tomorrow

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Changed days indeed. Not that long ago that if FDM got injured they put OGH in goal :moo:

In what strange parallel universe do we need four keepers? When we only had three keepers, the third choice never got a look-in ???

I gave an example two years ago when Brezo had to play in Huddersfield because Kuszczak had a poisoned finger and Ankergren fell ill.
OGH was in goal in a FRIENDLY match whilst FDM played in midfield. It never happened in a League match

Josh Smith [he actually received a straight red, although he had been booked previously] - and punishments for non-first team matches don't take effect until 14 days after the offence, so he will be available on Monday (I'm sure that Harry Doherty will play when Smith is suspended anyway - Doherty was on the bench last Monday and was brought on when Smith was sent-off).

Sorry, yes, Josh Smith.
Ah ok, I thought suspensions took effect straightaway. That eases things a bit.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Begs belief why Stockdale is kept on!!! What a waste of freekin money! No decent striker we wasted a load of cash on the ones we have got!! Manager caught in the headlights and clueless Div 1 here we come!!
But hey I will be doing my usual 220 mile round trip to the Amex next weekend for the Blackburn game :albion2::facepalm:
It begs belief why our £1m no1 keeper who is on a 3yr contract and out for 3 weeks is kept on?

You're absolutely right. He's missing a couple of games, let's terminate his contract. Because that wouldn't be a waste of money would it?

Clown. :facepalm:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
A good keeper. However we get get a decent loan keeper in within a week but not a striker within a few months? Seems odd. We MUST be banking on everyone entering a transfer ban. Only problem is all their existing squads are far greater in terms of quality than ours.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A good keeper. However we get get a decent loan keeper in within a week but not a striker within a few months? Seems odd. We MUST be banking on everyone entering a transfer ban. Only problem is all their existing squads are far greater in terms of quality than ours.

We clearly do realise that we need a striker, but how many strikers, guaranteed to bang in the goals are available?

I fail to see why people are getting worked up over a loan spell of a keeper? It's not the end of the world, paying a five figure fee for an experienced stopper.

flying high

May 12, 2009
As BG would say if he helps us keep a clean sheet tomorrow that would mean at least 1 point. 1 goal would give us 3 points.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It will be interesting to see what Hyypia does if he has a choice between a fit-again Stockdale and a still-on-loan Al-Habsi.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here