Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Англия против Бельгии (England vs Belgium)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
All last night really proved for me was that the Belgian second 11 are better than the England second 11. Onwards and upwards.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Based on the whole nation making a massive deal of finishing second in the group and it being a wonderful thing...

You just know it will happen...

The narrative was written when Southgate announced 8 changes. Daft decision.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Based on the whole nation making a massive deal of finishing second in the group and it being a wonderful thing...

You just know it will happen...

I doubt Southgate or the players will care about any of that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When we play Belgium in the Final we can make a judgement on performance.

Maybe we should wait until the first team have actually won a game against a non minnow before getting so carried away?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If I was given Colombia then Swe/Swi for a place in the semis before we got going I'd have clapped and sang and danced.

If we're up to it, happy days. If not, then we're not.

Great opportunity.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Maybe we should wait until the first team have actually won a game against a non minnow before getting so carried away?

Colombia, Sweden, Russia and Belgium. World Cup piece of piss. Minnows rule OK. No big fish in this sea.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You mean you think the Colombia coaches might have been watching ITV4, and will now realise they should tell their forwards about that little-known skill of following up shots in case the goalie spills it?

Though not exactly rocket science to be fair. You would expect forwards to always follow up, in case of tap-in’s from rebounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Colombia, Sweden, Russia and Belgium. World Cup piece of piss. Minnows rule OK. No big fish in this sea.

Don’t Sweden ring alarm bells with you? We may only be left with sprats and mackerel in this side of the draw but we are quite capable of losing to all those teams, in fact we just got well beaten by one of them ( no shots to test the keeper in over 90 mins from us) :wink:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Don’t Sweden ring alarm bells with you? We may only be left with sprats and mackerel in this side of the draw but we are quite capable of losing to all those teams, in fact we just got well beaten by one of them ( no shots to test the keeper in over 90 mins from us) :wink:

I enjoy competition and think we'll be lucky to get any. I only participate in sport to win. I respect a better opponent after a hard battle which is nearly all the time for me as I set my sights high.

I have believed we will win the Ashes every series since the 1970's, for example.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Thank god for that. Apologies, I was obviously rather tired last night!

Quite alright and I’ve told my lawyer to standdown too: rumours of rating GG can easily destroy any fans credibility in an instant so I had to take the precaution.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I felt like we the fans were cheated by both England and Belgium. We need a new format. I love those words "sudden death." Play every game like your life is at stake. It worked for the christians and the lions, gladiators, etc. But NO PENALTIES! to decide a match. Find a new way.

Think there was always a chance England / Belgium would be a bit of a damp squib, that's the modern game. At least we are learning who our best 11 are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here