The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
GP final 25 games in charge:
W10 D7 L8 pts37

RDZ 25 games in charge:
W11 D6 L8 pts39

From April 2022 till Potter's departure we were amazing to watch. Even in the barren runs, we were playing great football. Absolutely RDZ is a step up, but bitter memories seem to be erasing the progress this team had already made, perhaps what were essential foundations for RDZ to quickly mould this team into his.
Does GP’s final 25 games coincide with Caicedo first playing? I know other players have joined as well but our record pre and post Caicedo, I think, is quite different.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He lucked out that The Athletic decided to invest in PL coverage and that Tony Bloom/Chris Hughton had got us to the party.

Without those stars aligning, Naylor would still be a writer for a paper dying a slow death.
I do find the Naylor stuff a bit churlish but fair play if you don't rate him.

And Of course he did benefit hugely , along with everyone else they recruited- The Argus like all local journalism is struggling. The Athletic or rather the NYTimes who now own it is one of the few places left investing and hiring writers (although they are still in debt)
But if you think nearly 40 years of writing about football for a living and getting paid for it (a remarkable career in anyones book. ) is merely lucky then i'll dig out this quote. ha ha .
"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I do find the Naylor stuff a bit churlish but fair play if you don't rate him.

And Of course he did benefit hugely , along with everyone else they recruited- The Argus like all local journalism is struggling. The Athletic or rather the NYTimes who now own it is one of the few places left investing and hiring writers (although they are still in debt)
But if you think nearly 40 years of writing about football for a living and getting paid for it (a remarkable career in anyones book. ) is merely lucky then i'll dig out this quote. ha ha .
"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."

Regards, Andy.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ha! I thought I was Barber!
Your join date is suspiciously close to Barber taking on his job at the Albion, and you do seem to be pro all club admin decisions, however, your posts are too short and less patronising than I think PBOBE could manage. I reckon you are his Mum.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Your join date is suspiciously close to Barber taking on his job at the Albion, and you do seem to be pro all club admin decisions, however, your posts are too short and less patronising than I think PBOBE could manage. I reckon you are his Mum.
If Paul Barber had a season ticket in the West Stand in the Goldstone in the 70s then I must have missed him. But I did. With my Dad. Not my mum or his mum. Ha!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here