Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor - serious chip on shoulder

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A fair enough view of the sycophancy (that is what this seems to me) but not the type of relationship that's adopted by all sports writers/reporters - one of the more successful posts on NSC.
I wonder how AN would have handled "whingers" during the Archer/Bellotti/Stanley tenure.

You'll find that most stories during that era that were Goldstone related were written by the news journalists.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A fair enough view of the sycophancy (that is what this seems to me) but not the type of relationship that's adopted by all sports writers/reporters - one of the more successful posts on NSC.
I wonder how AN would have handled "whingers" during the Archer/Bellotti/Stanley tenure.

I did say 'local' sports journalists too. Sometimes the national journos do talk more about the politics/finances of a club (although even then the real in depth stuff is left to people like David Conn and Mihir Bose, who you don't see writing match reports as far as I know). It's easier for the national reporters to have a pop at the clubs as they don't need to work with one specifically on a daily basis in the same way. The trick is to write in such a way that people can read between the lines if there is something it's not feasible to spell out explicitly. It's a difficult balancing act.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
would that be the herberts that might buy that shit excuse of a local paper then ??

if he keeps up slating nsc i can see people on here boycotting the paper before to long

What proportion of Albion fans:

A) read NSC at all
B) take it that seriously
C) get offended that easily

Not many.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Mr Naylor, I offer you a challenge.

For the next home league game give up your seat in the press area, give up your complimentary food and drink, give up your parking space near the ground.

Instead go onto the club website and buy a ticket online, use the park and ride facilities, try and get your pie and pint at halftime along with the 1000s of other fans, wait for your bus/train to take you back home. Experience the Amex from OUR eyes and then write about it. It wont be all that bad but I bet there will be one aspect of our matchday experience that you will have to moan about.

Before tarring us all with the same brush why dont you walk a mile in our shoes?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
You'll find that most stories during that era that were Goldstone related were written by the news journalists.

Chief reporter Paul Bracchi if I remember rightly - now writing for the daily Mail

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here