Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor having a say on transfer rumours

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Best was a lazy sh*t but still contributed the same as O'Grady IMO, You can hit the post and be a whisker wide as much as you want but it's the end of season stats that count. Best no goals league from open play, O'Grady no league goals from open play. For £500k and a 3 year contract I would have hoped for more than one penalty goal as a contribution to our league season.
Conveniently ignoring assists & cup goals, then? Stats can be made to say anything.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Conveniently ignoring assists & cup goals, then? Stats can be made to say anything.

It comes to something when we have to try and justify O'Grady role. It's not as if he scored loads in cup games and not sure about his assists but as we scored so few I'm pretty certain his assists wouldn't require a calculator. His hold up play is good, the important part, putting the ball on the net he was poor. We need pace and goals from our front men.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It comes to something when we have to try and justify O'Grady role. It's not as if he scored loads in cup games and not sure about his assists but as we scored so few I'm pretty certain his assists wouldn't require a calculator. His hold up play is good, the important part, putting the ball on the net he was poor. We need pace and goals from our front men.

You make it sound like he started 46 games when in reality he probably didn't start more than 10. Luis Suarez is not available.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Feel sorry for COG, was just beginning to make an impact then sidelined for Bent then Best. Needed a manager to believe in him.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Feel sorry for COG, was just beginning to make an impact then sidelined for Bent then Best. Needed a manager to believe in him.

I think he was out on loan the whole time bent was here. Shouldn't have lost his place to best though. Only abion player I have ever booed

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So back to theNaylor question, tonight demonstrates that credit was due

Don't know that for sure... Sky journo Amy was first to break it...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I guess depends how you read this:

Confirmation of the accuracy of Argus information is expected some time today. #

Did that mean he knew we'd sign someone unmentioned today? Who knows...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hmm. Exactly how many times have the Argus mentioned Liam Rosenior this summer?

Naylor didn't, but he knew about it today. None of us did. Well, Bozza, maybe.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Andy Naylor is meant to be a professional. Instead of just ignoring some of the (sometimes far too harsh) criticism and comments he has decided to take to social media to repeatedly take swipes like a complete amateur.

He just comes accross as a really bitter person desperate to be proved right at every opportunity. His persona irks me and quite frankly seems to have a little bit of a hatred for a selection Albion fans which is odd considering who he is trying target his stories to. Not sure he is the modern social media savvy journalist he likes to think he is to be honest

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Naylor didn't, but he knew about it today. None of us did. Well, Bozza, maybe.

I don't think he did. The timeline seems to be...

7:22pm Amy Lewis from Sky Sports tweets it.

[tweet]613411798654558208[/tweet]

7:24pm Thread started on NSC.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?323567-Liam-Rosenior-signs-on-a-3-year-deal

7:28pm NSC tweets about it

[tweet]613413285933805568[/tweet]

7:40pm Andy Naylor tweets about it

[tweet]613416437462470658[/tweet]

8:19pm Club email media announcing the deal with an embargo until 8:30pm

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 23.03.48.png

8:39pm Andy Naylor tweets the deal. (If he had known much, if any, before the 8:19 club email his article would have been written ready to go at 8:30)

[tweet]613431140465164288[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here