Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy Jacobs TalkSport rant about Brighton (and their fans)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Glad we’re getting under his skin.

Us being better than them (at the moment) and Liverpool is putting the cat amongst the journalistic pigeons. They don’t like it do they,

:lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The cost of success, when we were plucky Brighton most people liked us bar Palarse. Now we're the enemy as we upset the cartel

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Glad we’re getting under his skin.

Us being better than them (at the moment) and Liverpool is putting the cat amongst the journalistic pigeons. They don’t like it do they,

:lolol:
Nope they really really don't . . . and long may it continue I say, it shows that we are obviously doing something right.

In any case if this Andy Jacobs feels our players, (and ex-manager), are so overrated, maybe he should be venting his anger on the owner of his own club, no one is forcing Chelsea to bid for them.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He is 76 years old, probably needs to pop along for check up with his doctors for Christ sake, sounds like he is starting to go senile.

He is so outdated anyway, time they upgraded him, with someone who is not a begrudgingly old miserable sod.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I imagine quite a lot of Chelsea fans feel the same. Watching us go from strength to strength while Potter laboriously tries to come up with some semblance of a plan must really sting.
They're a funny duo, but he's always been spiteful, carrying grudges for life. We're in illustrious company, amongst others he hates Barca, Liverpool, Arsenal and Wenger. The latter two because the questioned Abram's spending and Chelsea's JCL status, Barca because they knocked out The Chavs out of the CL more than once.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Chelsea fans have a sense of entitlement. The fan actually makes himself look rather stupid even more so because they have the same manager er the previous players had, yet ironically Billy Gilmour did ok the other day having moved TO Brighton.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Jacobs really can't stand us, he just made it clear, he was gutted to hear the Mitoma winner. So not just banter. :lolol:
That’s because we are genuinely one of Chelsea’s rivals for a top 6/top 4 spot and them drawing and us winning clearly hurts them. It’s 99% banter and it’s funny, Andy Jacobs does grumpy old man better than most, I love the pair of them and tune in on a Monday mainly to hear his anticipated rants about weekends results.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's almost like the man on the radio is playing a character to cause debate.

At least we haven't fallen for it.

As it happens, I like the two Max Rushden-led shows over the weekend but then I also like him on the Guardian podcast so clearly I just like him and Charlie Baker/Barry Glendenning.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Mike Parry and the other lad used to do exactly the same schtick. Sports shock jocks are nothing new

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Mike Parry and the other lad used to do exactly the same schtick. Sports shock jocks are nothing new
It happens on all shows where they want people phoning in. Tommy Boyd explained it to me when one of my best friends worked with him on Talksport shows in the early 2000s like so. He would deliberately say something controversial or contrary as he knew he would it generate callers. Then the content for the show would be angry callers or people agreeing with Tommy and he'd have very little actual work/talking to do. An easy night at work as he put it.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It happens on all shows where they want people phoning in. Tommy Boyd explained it to me when one of my best friends worked with him on Talksport shows in the early 2000s like so. He would deliberately say something controversial or contrary as he knew he would it generate callers. Then the content for the show would be angry callers or people agreeing with Tommy and he'd have very little actual work/talking to do. An easy night at work as he put it.
Huge fan of Tommy

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Mike Graham :eek:

H&J are a little different to those two, or most other pairings on the station. When you consider Cundy and O'Hara, Andy Whatsit on Drive and Darren Bent or Gabby Agbonlahor just on his own, they are MUCH more bearable and balanced. Plus I like them because they dare to cover sports beyond football.

Jacobs is a typical grumpy old man and – let's face it – there's PLENTY for him to be grumpy about given the state of his club at the moment. Part of it is an act, but part of it is also because he associates Potter with Brighton and therefore, in some ways, blames the Albion for Chelsea's form. He can be – and often is – equally as miserable about English cricket, although Bazball has mellowed him a bit there.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's almost like the man on the radio is playing a character to cause debate.

At least we haven't fallen for it.

As it happens, I like the two Max Rushden-led shows over the weekend but then I also like him on the Guardian podcast so clearly I just like him and Charlie Baker/Barry Glendenning.
Agree with all of that …although i wish they would drop the autobiography wars bit..particularly when they say it…gets on my nerves lol

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Mike Graham :eek:

H&J are a little different to those two, or most other pairings on the station. When you consider Cundy and O'Hara, Andy Whatsit on Drive and Darren Bent or Gabby Agbonlahor just on his own, they are MUCH more bearable and balanced. Plus I like them because they dare to cover sports beyond football.

Jacobs is a typical grumpy old man and – let's face it – there's PLENTY for him to be grumpy about given the state of his club at the moment. Part of it is an act, but part of it is also because he associates Potter with Brighton and therefore, in some ways, blames the Albion for Chelsea's form. He can be – and often is – equally as miserable about English cricket, although Bazball has mellowed him a bit there.
Cundy and O’Hara :facepalm:
equalled by Gabby A :facepalm:
Ive warmed to Bent…he’s harmless…Andy Tit is just another MU supporting plonka

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here