Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy Jacobs TalkSport rant about Brighton (and their fans)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Did anyone else hear this guy (I think it was Andy Jacobs, the Chelsea fan) show his true colours at lunchtime. Must have been about 1.20pm.

Fully goes off on one about Brighton's arrogant fans. How our players aren't any good once they get into othe teams. How we're just terrible and that once we've had our good season basically we'll disappear back to where we came from. Astonishing rant and totally exposed him and his real opinions.

If anyone knows how to do it, please post it here, it's worth a listen.

PS the other presenters were just laughing at him and proved him wrong about our players now working at other clubs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He does play the grumpy old man role, but to be fair he was never that convinced by Potter, didn’t want Tuchel to be sacked and is less impressed by the money thrown at Potter & Co & Cucurella - so quite rightly doesn’t want anymore of our highly rated players

He’s also pretty critical on Chelsea’s recruitment under Boehly

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Did anyone else hear this guy (I think it was Andy Jacobs, the Chelsea fan) show his true colours at lunchtime. Must have been about 1.20pm.

Fully goes off on one about Brighton's arrogant fans. How our players aren't any good once they get into othe teams. How we're just terrible and that once we've had our good season basically we'll disappear back to where we came from. Astonishing rant and totally exposed him and his real opinions.

If anyone knows how to do it, please post it here, it's worth a listen.

PS the other presenters were just laughing at him and proved him wrong about our players now working at other clubs.
I did listen to some of this - I thought it was satire, that he was being intentionally funny. Do we think he was actually being serious? Shirely not...

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
He's just bitter that Chelsea and Hove Albion have spunked a shed load of money on trying to emulate us and have fallen flat in the face while we have become even better.
Bitter old bastard. Long may his misery continue.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Yeah they're all rubbish players at Brighton. Look somewhere else.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Jim White and Simon Jordan were much more complimentary towards Brighton today. Pointed out that players we have sold for very good money have not all had a great impact since leaving, particularly Cucurella and Bisouma.

Lavished praise on the way the cub is run and the recruitment strategy given the way we have lost players and coaches but seem to be playing even better ! The question was posed that could we become a regular top 6 team..and they did think that was probably unlikely but not impossible....but we need to hang on to our players or we turn in to Southampton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here