Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's an option but there will be a point that it will be automatically triggered depending on what is stated in the contract. He's highly unlikely to meet those clauses as he's simply not playing enough and very unlikely to figure going forward in La Liga, today is only his sixth appearance of the season (3 starts, 3 sub appearances) across all competitions.

He'd already be back I think but Cadiz must be having a bit of an injury/covid problem, their bench has been short in numbers the last few matches, so maybe they are leaving it till nearer the end of the window to send him back when players are fit etc. Apart from two recent games in the Copa Del Ray he has only figured once off the bench for them since October in the league playing a grand total of 35 mins. I get the feeling he's playing at the moment cause they simply don't have anyone else.

Thanks for this. You're remarkably on top of information. Is relaying it a welcome distraction from work, or have you given up on that?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Thanks for this. You're remarkably on top of information. Is relaying it a welcome distraction from work, or have you given up on that?

I'm mainly a stay at home Dad at the moment, it helps keep my mind occupied and is a distraction from having to do the hoovering or something equally as mundane.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Andone scored the goals that kept us up one year re the two 1-0 wins v huddersfield

Which is more points than Locadia ever won us to me

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Andone scored the goals that kept us up one year re the two 1-0 wins v huddersfield

Which is more points than Locadia ever won us to me

One of those Huddersfield games finished 2-1 to us, Shane Duffy got the other goal.

You could make the argument that any player who scored a goal in a single goal victory kept us up that season, including Locadia who scored the only goal in the 1-0 home win over Everton. He also won us a point against Arsenal and scored two vital goals (and converted in the penalty shoot-out) on our FA Cup run that season.

The only thing that raises Andone up slightly from Locadia levels of rubbish is that he was about 1/3rd the cost and did score that goal against Palace. Take away the Palace goal and their contributions are pretty similar.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
yeah forgot away game was 2-1 - was right behind goal that Andone scored away game winner into - he came across as if he cared and goal meant something to him - never seemed to get that vibe from Locadia - though suppose you could just say Andone was a bit of a wayward sort

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
On the bench for this evenings game against Osasuna. Hopefully he gets some more minutes and grabs a goal or two.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Has he decked the ref yet

Just got a yellow after his arm connected with a player as he jumped. The player took a big dive. No way was that any where near a yellow, Andone was justifiably furious but avoided nutting the ref.

Edit - Just nutted an opposition player but got away with it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Just got a yellow after his arm connected with a player as he jumped. The player took a big dive. No way was that any where near a yellow, Andone was justifiably furious but avoided nutting the ref.

Edit - Just nutted an opposition player but got away with it.

Can we get him back for the Palace match? :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Deportivo La Coruna on their way up to the Spanish second division. I'd guess it is one of the most likely destinations for him. Obviously they can't pay him whatever Brighton is paying him, but then again no one will so I'm guessing the club would accept any kind of deal as long as at least a part of his wage doesn't have to be paid.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Deportivo La Coruna on their way up to the Spanish second division. I'd guess it is one of the most likely destinations for him. Obviously they can't pay him whatever Brighton is paying him, but then again no one will so I'm guessing the club would accept any kind of deal as long as at least a part of his wage doesn't have to be paid.

Getting that way l would think. Such a shame, until comparitively recently l had hoped he would still have some sort of future at the Albion.

Obviously not to be though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Getting that way l would think. Such a shame, until comparitively recently l had hoped he would still have some sort of future at the Albion.

Obviously not to be though.

Yeah same here.
I continually argued that his stats under Hughton were very good.(they were) But he was never given the chance.

We probably now know that was because of his attitude, more than Hughton's dependence on Murray.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Still here. Thought he'd be off by now. Glimmer of a chance he'll be in the 25?

Don't think so myself.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Still here. Thought he'd be off by now. Glimmer of a chance he'll be in the 25?

Don't think so myself.

You never know, TB seems reluctant to terminate contracts so could be like Locadia last year. But still I wouldn't be surprised if the club and Andone go separate ways once the transfer window closes.

Don't see any chance that any team would actually pay for him or take him on his current wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here