Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And you thought Brighton fans had difficulty getting tickets vs Liverpool...

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
My boyfriend was looking at getting a ticket in the Liverpool end, and the restrictions are ridiculous!!

From the website:

From 7th-8th September:

Tickets are available to Season Ticket Holders, Members and Fan Card Holders who recorded Exeter City (24.8.11), Leeds United (22.9.09), Arsenal (28.10.09) and Tottenham (12.11.08) League Cup away fixtures. Tickets are available online, on the booking line - 0843 170 5555 and from the Ticket Office from 8.15am.

Sept 8th onward:

Tickets are available to Season Ticket Holders and Fan Card Holders who recorded 3 of the following 4 League Cup away games: Exeter City (24.8.11), Leeds United (22.9.09), Arsenal (28.10.09) Tottenham (12.11.08). Tickets are available online, on the booking line - 0843 170 5555 and from the Ticket Office from 8.15am.

Surely the game can't be THAT important to fans?!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looking after their fans that travel almost everywhere - as it should be.

Humour us - share with us your boyfriend's attendance Liverpool record over the past few seasons...

Looking after their fans that travel almost everywhere - as it should be.

Humour us - share with us your boyfriend's attendance Liverpool record over the past few seasons...

Not wanting to put words in her mouth, but I think BAG's point is more incredulity that there are seemingly so many fans wanting to come to the Amex that they have to put such stringent requirements in place, rather than that the system is in some way unfair.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Isn't it compulsory to have a moustache too?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Given that he can't actually manage to get to a game because of the restrictions, only a few away games (in the respective home ends). Even being a member doesn't get you much chance.

You'd have thought that playing us would make it easier. Can't really be a big game for them?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Not wanting to put words in her mouth, but I think BAG's point is more incredulity that there are seemingly so many fans wanting to come to the Amex that they have to put such stringent requirements in place, rather than that the system is in some way unfair.

Exactly my point.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Given that he can't actually manage to get to a game because of the restrictions, only a few away games (in the respective home ends). Even being a member doesn't get you much chance.

You'd have thought that playing us would make it easier. Can't really be a big game for them?

it probably isnt, but theres onl 2000ish tickets available to however many thousands are liverpool members. Theres probably loads doing it as its a new ground

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As an aside - why is it that every single drag artist in Brighton is a fat old scouser? Is there similar ticket restrictions for entry into the karaoke bar upstairs at Va Va Voom?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Not really.

They'll use exactly the same rules whether they'd drawn us or Manchester United. That's the way such schemes work: pre-defined rules that get followed regardless of the opposition.

Relative to many games, demand for the game against us is probably quite low although boosted by the 'new ground' factor. Liverpool's support will be such that even a relatively unattractive game, midweek and hundreds of miles from home will easily sell out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not really.

They'll use exactly the same rules whether they'd drawn us or Manchester United. That's the way such schemes work: pre-defined rules that get followed regardless of the opposition.

Relative to many games, demand for the game against us is probably quite low although boosted by the 'new ground' factor. Liverpool's support will be such that even a relatively unattractive game, midweek and hundreds of miles from home will easily sell out.

Its also self-fulfilling: they have the rules in place because they have big away support, but equally the rules themselves CREATE that away support.

i.e. People who might not really have been bothered with away trips to Exeter and Brighton, will make sure they go, as that is they only way to stay at the top of the list, should they later draw United away, etc.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I am not the biggest fan of all things scouse,but at least they will fill their seat allocation and make lots of noise (Please not that bloody "Ring of fire" thing they do) - looking forward to a great atmosphere and some jolly banter with our friends oop North.Their way of selling tickets does seem to ensure true Liverpool fans get the tickets and not the "plastics"

Not really.

Its also self-fulfilling: they have the rules in place because they have big away support, but equally the rules themselves CREATE that away support.

i.e. People who might not really have been bothered with away trips to Exeter and Brighton, will make sure they go, as that is they only way to stay at the top of the list, should they later draw United away, etc.

Fair enough, that makes sense I suppose. I've never tried to buy a ticket for one of these 'big' clubs so never had the pleasure of trying to understand the machinations of the ticketing system.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It must be a very closed shop though, don't you think? I bet for the Exeter game you had to have tickets for the Arsenal, Spurs and Leeds games, and so on back and back. So you can only get a ticket for the Brighton game if you went to the Exeter game; and then only get a ticket for the next Liverpool game if you went to the Brighton game. How the hell does anybody new get a look in?

For this reason I bet that those who went to those four games; but can't come to Brighton, are still buying the ticket and then selling it on to someone else. Wherever those tickets are being advertised, that's where Ben Andrews should look

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here