Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amsterdam meet up

caesar

Oct 9, 2005
So next Thursday will be the most momentous Brighton away game in our history. Thousands of us will be descending upon Amsterdam for the few days prior to and after the match. We will all have our own favourite place to stay and drink during this time, but would it not be a great idea to have one central place for everyone to meet up a few hours before the game? As a seasoned visitor to Amsterdam, I would choose Rembrandts plein, as it is only a 20 minute walk, or 10 minute tram ride to central station for those attending the match. The square, is surrounded by sports bars, cafés et cetera and will be a great place for all of us to congregate. I was thinking maybe a 2 pm meet up which gives plenty of time for those going to the match To have a couple of beers before departing and the rest of us can then go to our chosen place to watch the game. This is a once-in-a-lifetime moment for all of us Brighton fans, and I think we should at least have one time when we are all together to celebrate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What about us poor sods without a ticket, in need of comfort, a big screen, and reasonably-nearby access to toof?

caesar

Oct 9, 2005
What about us poor sods without a ticket, in need of comfort, a big screen, and reasonably-nearby access to toof?
I don’t have a ticket either . In my opinion, you have three choices as to where to watch the match. You can stay in remembrants plein and watch it in one of the sports bars there or you could go to Leidseplein where there are also plenty of bars. Personally I will be going to the red light district as there are many bars there that will definitely be showingthe game. Either way, all of those options are within 10 minutes of where I suggested we meet up.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bird Parrot GIF

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So next Thursday will be the most momentous Brighton away game in our history. Thousands of us will be descending upon Amsterdam for the few days prior to and after the match. We will all have our own favourite place to stay and drink during this time, but would it not be a great idea to have one central place for everyone to meet up a few hours before the game? As a seasoned visitor to Amsterdam, I would choose Rembrandts plein, as it is only a 20 minute walk, or 10 minute tram ride to central station for those attending the match. The square, is surrounded by sports bars, cafés et cetera and will be a great place for all of us to congregate. I was thinking maybe a 2 pm meet up which gives plenty of time for those going to the match To have a couple of beers before departing and the rest of us can then go to our chosen place to watch the game. This is a once-in-a-lifetime moment for all of us Brighton fans, and I think we should at least have one time when we are all together to celebrate.

Just as long as no one mentions politics.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t have a ticket either . In my opinion, you have three choices as to where to watch the match. You can stay in remembrants plein and watch it in one of the sports bars there or you could go to Leidseplein where there are also plenty of bars. Personally I will be going to the red light district as there are many bars there that will definitely be showingthe game. Either way, all of those options are within 10 minutes of where I suggested we meet up.
That is very helpful and I appreciated it! :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Get some Heineken in, buy the cheapest crap from Iceland to deep fry (especially if it is round) and replace the light bulb in front room with a red one and you are there.

Ideally next door are having a hen night to the early hours and you befriended a stoned American businessman in the afternoon and can't get rid of him.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I shall head for Rembrandtplein after the comedy show..... that square was recommended to me by several Dam regulars that I know.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
For the spurs game the official advice was avoid rembrandsplein as that’s where a lot of Ajax fans drink .

Personally not worried . That place is miles better than dam square

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Marseille was the most momentous away game in our history and this one isn’t likely to top it! It will always be our first away day in Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here