Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amir Khan tonite on BBC Radio 5Live

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If he was considered to be a threat his management team wouldnt have hand picked him for his first defence. I think the first defence should be a mandatory defence with the highest ranked challenger as defined by the boxing governing body.

Worth noting that apparently Salita IS the mandatory challenger.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bit of a walkover

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Minute and 16, including a mandatory 10 count and a good 20 seconds apart from that on his arse....fast, accurate and aggressive.

Chazza12

Cranium Of Titanium
Mar 24, 2008
Paid for it :lol:
Kahn was always gonna win against him , he's too fast for anyone in that weight :)

And one question for his dad , his son is minted why don't he sort his f***ing teeth out :L

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will Manny come down to Light Welter and fight him or what about all of the speculation about a defence against Ricky Hatton who I think he would now beat.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
He probably wouldnt but there is no denying that Khan is an arrogant obnoxious arsehole or appears to be on all of his TV in the run up to and after a fight. It is this that makes people want to see a lttle Mexican or Peurto Rican slaughter him.

People will always pay money to see the hero triumph or the villain get beaten. Khan's comments this week are setting him up nicely as the guy that everyone wants to see get beaten. But the point is that they will want to see it - and pay for it too. Ali started off like this - he was joking that lots of white boxing fans were going up to Liston and telling him to 'give that mouthy n***** a good beating' - I guess white US boxing fans don't do irony.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here