Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex U16's Season Ticket Update

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I've now had confirmation from the club that U'16's are entitled to their own ST at Amex and you DO NOT have to use your +3 allocation for them.

I can now sleep easy having already promised my +3's elsewhere.......

They also clarified that you can stay in the family area until your YOUNGEST reaches 16, so long as the older children start paying the full adult rate when they get to 16.

Realise this doesn't affect that many of you but there had been suggestions that you had to use your +3 allocation for U'16's, and I know there has been discussions about when you might have to relocate from the family area.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've now had confirmation from the club that U'16's are entitled to their own ST at Amex and you DO NOT have to use your +3 allocation for them.

I can now sleep easy having already promised my +3's elsewhere.......

They also clarified that you can stay in the family area until your YOUNGEST reaches 16, so long as the older children start paying the full adult rate when they get to 16.

Realise this doesn't affect that many of you but there had been suggestions that you had to use your +3 allocation for U'16's, and I know there has been discussions about when you might have to relocate from the family area.

That actually answers TWO questions that affected me personally, so thanks for taking the time to share.

Just one thing - did they tell you how the forms work? The pack includes four forms - if three go to your +3s, how do you go about applying for your kid's tickets? WIll they provide extra forms at the presentation??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Does anyone have any spare +3's they could give to me ? :)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
But my U16 has only had his ticket for 3 years, so is not in the same priority group as me. I'm thinking he would still need to be a +1 for me to get his ticket at the same time as mine? or not??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are you SURE about this mwrpoole ?

Looking at the the wording on the launch of the scheme it says: "We're giving priority to our loyal season ticket holders, each of whom (except U16's) will be given the opportunity to buy up to three further tickets for family and friends".

Then on the Q&A bit, it says: "How can friends keep together ? A: By allowing each existing STH to buy up to 3 extra tickets".

I took that as meaning that the +3 option is NOT being given out to current STH's who are under 16, even if they have been STH's for 9 years (unlikely there are many of thise, if any).

I didn't take that as meaning that 16's won't count as one of the +3's. Are you saying that you can potentially buy as many U16 tickets as you like, and that the +3 allocations only apply for tickets for the over 16's ? That doesn't sound quite right to me. And as hans kraay asks, how does that work, when the packs they've sent out only contain 4 application forms (one for the 9 year STH and an extra three for the +3's) ?

I have seen no mention from the club whatsoever that childrens tickets don't impinge on your +3 allocation.

Lush

Mods' Pet

Looking at the the wording on the launch of the scheme it says: "We're giving priority to our loyal season ticket holders, each of whom (except U16's) will be given the opportunity to buy up to three further tickets for family and friends".

Then on the Q&A bit, it says: "How can friends keep together ? A: By allowing each existing STH to buy up to 3 extra tickets".

I took that as meaning that the +3 option is NOT being given out to current STH's who are under 16, even if they have been STH's for 9 years (unlikely there are many of thise, if any).

I didn't take that as meaning that 16's won't count as one of the +3's. Are you saying that you can potentially buy as many U16 tickets as you like, and that the +3 allocations only apply for tickets for the over 16's ? That doesn't sound quite right to me. And as hans kraay asks, how does that work, when the packs they've sent out only contain 4 application forms (one for the 9 year STH and an extra three for the +3's) ?

I have seen no mention from the club whatsoever that childrens tickets don't impinge on your +3 allocation.

I read that as only adult season ticket holders can have +3s, not kid season ticket holders.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If the kids have existing STs, then they are entitled to new ones in their own right. They don't get their own +3s to pass on, that's all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If the kids have existing STs, then they are entitled to new ones in their own right. They don't get their own +3s to pass on, that's all.

Existing U16 STH's

Gotcha.

I was wondering if it meant NEW U16's getting season tickets with a 9-yearer without any of the +3's being used up.
d'oh.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Message to all - I just called the club myself to have it clarified and its going to cause one hell of a binfest but it is indeed true that if you have an u16 for example who is already a STH, you can book their seat separate to your +3 allocation IRRESPECTIVE of whether they are Priority 1 or 4, this is contrary to my understanding up to now but its true - Binfest commence!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Message to all - I just called the club myself to have it clarified and its going to cause one hell of a binfest but it is indeed true that if you have an u16 for example who is already a STH, you can book their seat separate to your +3 allocation IRRESPECTIVE of whether they are Priority 1 or 4, this is contrary to my understanding up to now but its true - Binfest commence!!!

I originally understood it the same way as you - I thought my 15 year old lad (STH for 3 years) would be using one of my +3's, but now it would appear not. So I can get his Amex season ticket and still have +3 on top of that.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
All the priority 4s and non STHs will be having a fit when they hear this, ive got 2 under 16s SThs so including mine thats 6 seats im booking in a weeks time for 1 family and friends, thank fck im a priority 1 thats all i can say.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Good news. Sensible approach by the club. :)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
we still won't sell more than 75% of seats available which means I will still be able to go when the opportunity arises

binfest?

pointless

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I need 2 more application forms now though, suppose i can scan them on my epson.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
allowing for about 2500 away end it means there is about 4 thousand seats left for general sale if that, theyll go no problem, dont think it will be that easy, especially in the first season.

Lush

Mods' Pet
All the priority 4s and non STHs will be having a fit when they hear this, ive got 2 under 16s SThs so including mine thats 6 seats im booking in a weeks time for 1 family and friends, thank fck im a priority 1 thats all i can say.

You're not really getting six tickets though. You're getting yours, your +3 and your STH holding kids are getting one each.

I think you'd have to be a bit of a moaney drawers to begrudge any Priority 1 person who has also forked out for kids season tickets (even if just for a couple of years) being able to book them as well in the Priority 1 period.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
You're not really getting six tickets though. You're getting yours, your +3 and your STH holding kids are getting one each.

I think you'd have to be a bit of a moaney drawers to begrudge any Priority 1 person who has also forked out for kids season tickets (even if just for a couple of years) being able to book them as well in the Priority 1 period.

Totally agree - just going by what some said when the +3 was originally announced, doomladen predictions of no tickets left for general sale etc etc, in reality of the 6 i`m booking, only one is not already a STH.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
there is about 4 thousand seats left for general sale if that, theyll go no problem, dont think it will be that easy, especially in the first season.

admittedly the first season will be the most popular (unless we keep on an upward trend) but with so many season tickets sold, do you really think we will also sell an extra 4000 every game on top?

What with priorities and under 16's and +3's surely most everyone currently going to withers is accounted for.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
admittedly the first season will be the most popular (unless we keep on an upward trend) but with so many season tickets sold, do you really think we will also sell an extra 4000 every game on top?

What with priorities and under 16's and +3's surely most everyone currently going to withers is accounted for.

There will be around 1,500 general sale tickets available if all season tickets are sold. The away end can be segregated to allow more home fans to buy general sale tickets if the away club fail to sell their allocation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here