Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Stadium name change..

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Perhaps the club, or possibly Amex, don’t like the Amex abbreviation. By calling it American Express Stadium they get their full name out there. Just a thought, we know they are very particular about their branding. If we see the club drop the term Amex, that would point to this.
I think that particular horse has long since bolted. It'll be known as the Amex to everyone until the sponsorship changes.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm interested in what the changes to the stadium will be - signage was mentioned, anything else?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Will alway be Palace Pier
Will always be Amex.

Stop f***ing about with things. Nobody cares.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I still call it The Goldstone. Wherever Albion play their home matches was always The Goldstone to me.

As for the word 'community', it's just a buzzword with no depth or meaning. Bit silly really. The stadium only has connection with the local community if they pump up £££ for an event or a season ticket.

You can hardly take your dog and poop scooper for walk on the pitch in the evening can you ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I still call it The Goldstone. Wherever Albion play their home matches was always The Goldstone to me.

As for the word 'community', it's just a buzzword with no depth or meaning. Bit silly really. The stadium only has connection with the local community if they pump up £££ for an event or a season ticket.

You can hardly take your dog and poop scooper for walk on the pitch in the evening can you ?
Haha!

Community is up there with “solutions” as words that sound like they mean something. But don’t.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Slightly odd when the only outcome is the removal of the word community from both the stadium and charity. Amex probably wanted this name from the outset and it is more in line with other MASSIVE EUROPEAN clubs.

Albion in the Community has never been particularly great IMO. "Brighton and Hove Albion foundation " is more clearly linked to the club... I guess?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Freshfield Road doesn’t strike me as being “the heart of the community it serves.”

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Changing from the Amex Stadium to American express stadium...... ....WTF is the difference.... Amex card is an American Express card. Surely most will refer to Stadium as the Amex Stadium.
I dread to think what Brentford will do with their stadia branding.......:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here