Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Stadium name change..

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Curious as to why the AITC name change? It is line with most other clubs foundation naming but does seem unnecessary. Probably thought getting the full club name in is better branding.

Dec 29, 2011
The community of Brighton and Hove will be around long after American Express have upped and left our city. Short sighted move.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
A subtle change which most wont care about, but i wonder what Dick Knight will think. If you've read his book you will know that he always insisted on the stadium name having the word 'community' in it to help make sure it was always seen as a community asset for Brighton rather than just a football club's stadium.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
A subtle change which most wont care about, but i wonder what Dick Knight will think. If you've read his book you will know that he always insisted on the stadium name having the word 'community' in it to help make sure it was always seen as a community asset for Brighton rather than just a football club's stadium.
Expect to see Dicks Community Bar next season

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
No more Amex. Blimey.
It's never been formally called Amex - it's currently the American Express Community Stadium - they're just dropping the 'Community'.

I am however sure that it will continue to informally be called "The Amex", even by the club.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Curious as to why the AITC name change? It is line with most other clubs foundation naming but does seem unnecessary. Probably thought getting the full club name in is better branding.
I pity who has to change all those AITC email addresses to BAHAF :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's never been formally called Amex - it's currently the American Express Community Stadium - they're just dropping the 'Community'.

I am however sure that it will continue to informally be called "The Amex", even by the club.

They’re dropping the ‘the’ too if I’m reading it right. Like Withdean was never ‘The Withdean’. People will stick with ‘The Amex’ though - can’t change that now…

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Missed the media release as I was cooking dinner.

Here it is for anyone who is interested…

MEDIA RELEASE: NEW NAMES FOR A NEW SEASON

From 1 August 2023, our stadium will be called American Express Stadium and our charitable arm will be re-named Brighton & Hove Albion Foundation.

Also, from September this year the foundation will be moving our community-focused staff and operations away from the stadium and into the city centre, right at the heart of the community it serves.

Chief executive and deputy chairman Paul Barber said, “This summer, with the support of our partner American Express, our stadium will be re-named American Express Stadium, while our charitable arm, Albion in the Community, will become the Brighton & Hove Albion Foundation.

“These small but important changes are designed to deliver even better value to our main partner, while also more closely aligning and connecting our charity’s excellent work and its many participants with our club.

“Our partnership with American Express, which began when the stadium first opened and our club was in League One, is now globally recognised, and our multi award-winning work in the community is widely regarded as among the best in the world.”

Senior vice president at American Express Beverly Sawyers added, “We’re immensely proud of our 13-year partnership with the club, which is based on shared values and a passion for our community. Fans are always top of mind for both the club and ourselves, and we are sure they’ll really enjoy the refreshed look and feel of the stadium once the changes are complete.”

Work to change some of the stadium’s signage begins immediately to be in place for the start of next season’s new adventures, while other more significant changes to the look and feel of the stadium will be made over the next 12 months.

Underlining the charity’s commitment to being at the heart of our community, Brighton & Hove Albion Foundation will move to a brand-new facility in Freshfield Road, Brighton later this summer. Located in the heart of our city, the Foundation’s new headquarters will become the focal point for all its community-related activities.

ENDS

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Missed the media release as I was cooking dinner.

Here it is for anyone who is interested…

MEDIA RELEASE: NEW NAMES FOR A NEW SEASON

From 1 August 2023, our stadium will be called American Express Stadium and our charitable arm will be re-named Brighton & Hove Albion Foundation.

Also, from September this year the foundation will be moving our community-focused staff and operations away from the stadium and into the city centre, right at the heart of the community it serves.

Chief executive and deputy chairman Paul Barber said, “This summer, with the support of our partner American Express, our stadium will be re-named American Express Stadium, while our charitable arm, Albion in the Community, will become the Brighton & Hove Albion Foundation.

“These small but important changes are designed to deliver even better value to our main partner, while also more closely aligning and connecting our charity’s excellent work and its many participants with our club.

“Our partnership with American Express, which began when the stadium first opened and our club was in League One, is now globally recognised, and our multi award-winning work in the community is widely regarded as among the best in the world.”

Senior vice president at American Express Beverly Sawyers added, “We’re immensely proud of our 13-year partnership with the club, which is based on shared values and a passion for our community. Fans are always top of mind for both the club and ourselves, and we are sure they’ll really enjoy the refreshed look and feel of the stadium once the changes are complete.”

Work to change some of the stadium’s signage begins immediately to be in place for the start of next season’s new adventures, while other more significant changes to the look and feel of the stadium will be made over the next 12 months.

Underlining the charity’s commitment to being at the heart of our community, Brighton & Hove Albion Foundation will move to a brand-new facility in Freshfield Road, Brighton later this summer. Located in the heart of our city, the Foundation’s new headquarters will become the focal point for all its community-related activities.

ENDS
On e of PB's finest 👌

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It will ALWAYS be known as The Amex, even if American Express stepped away. Well it will by me anyway.

Bradford will always be Valley Parade
Bournemouth will always be Dean Court
QPR will always be Loftus Road
Bolton will always be The Reebok

Changing stadium names is tinpot and I don't like CHANGE

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is going to take some getting used to

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here