Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Roof

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
This is the only picture I can find of the original building with a proposed grass roof. I've circled it. I can't recall any talk of a green roof on either the south or north stands. The picture also shows that indeed these roofs were not going to be "green".
I got this picture from Buckingham's (the company which built the stadium) web site. This was drawn up before the diggers even moved in.

Attachments

• brighton_and_hove_albion_1_LI.jpg
    brighton_and_hove_albion_1_LI.jpg
    845.2 KB · Views: 260

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You should have used our cladding provider .

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
If I remember correctly, the green roof would have been on the little annex building in the corner of Bennett's field where the proposed hotel would have been. It would have been accessed by a glass walk-way from the actual stadium. There are pictures of the plans for this somewhere but can't find them at the moment.

I remember that building too, but finding any pictures is proving hard.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If I remember correctly, the green roof would have been on the little annex building in the corner of Bennett's field where the proposed hotel would have been. It would have been accessed by a glass walk-way from the actual stadium. There are pictures of the plans for this somewhere but can't find them at the moment.

The 'BUND'

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

el punal

It was only the North and South ends that were originally planned to be turfed. I think the rest was always planned to be translucent.

View attachment 115966

I reckon the club missed a trick here. They could have had their own herd of dairy cows to graze on the slopes thus providing milk for those wishing to have tea, coffee and hot chocolate beverages. The cow poo could have used to provide fertiliser for the pitch, or converted into providing the fuel for the floodlights, and better still, to be used to decorate the away dressing for the visit of Crystal Palace.

On match days, instead of a fan zone, have a petting zone for the kids so they could have good pull on the udders. I could go on . . . . :moo:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Fading was always going to happen and that is not a problem for me.
However, with the roof being translucent it shows all the unsightly muck.
My seat is in the WSU so this is noticeable, however a couple of hours with a jet washer would soon sort this.
While there at it, the police box roof needs a good clean as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ah well. At least we'll have something new to MOAN about at the next fans forum.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
This is the only picture I can find of the original building with a proposed grass roof. I've circled it. I can't recall any talk of a green roof on either the south or north stands. The picture also shows that indeed these roofs were not going to be "green".
I got this picture from Buckingham's (the company which built the stadium) web site. This was drawn up before the diggers even moved in.

Here's one with the green roofs. Presumably this dates from a bit before your photo, prior to the decision to drop the green roofs.

Teletubbies.PNG

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
We’ve been focusing too much on winning Premier League games and have lost focus on the details which really matter.

Barber Out!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Aug 19, 2017
Bountiful fixtures on this one but granted not been aired for a few weeks/months etc.

Believe the club got assurances from the manufacturers re longevity of the colour that weren’t met so unconfirmed but think we got some compo for it.

Unlikely to be changed unless it starts actually biodegrading from all the guano.

"Guano? Now where have I heard that before?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here