Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX presentations to "long standing fans" are now ON!!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not bothered about the presentation as i just want a season ticket,hopefully i might get something through and if not will just wait til general sale:)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Got an invite in the post today, A mate is sorting my ticket but i'm still going to go along to the presentation & have a mooch.

Yep, I received a letter like this today, my name starts with a C so it's possibly alphabetical. I won't actually be buying one at the presentation as I will be buying on with my group of friends when they go on public sale, but I'll go to a presentation anyway to inspect!

I wonder if there will ever be a situation where nobody buys a ticket at a presentation because they've all turned up just to have a mooch round :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought that would cover you as well. I'm pretty certain you said you had never had a season ticket at Withdean. Apologies if I am confusing you with someone else.

Cheers for thinking of me BOF but i've luckily already got my ST courtesy of a plus 3 from Seagulls Over Burwash :) But yes I'd like to think I'd have got a letter if I hadn't already got mine due to purchasing regular tickets since about 2001 at Withers and I did have 2 or 3 STs too. If i was in the position of say TRICKY I would DEF give the season tivket hotline a call - I would bet that you'd get given a presentation there and then Tricky mate - trust me on that - if not, use blagging - ie a mate of yours has got a letter and you haven't... The Albion are desperate to sell ST's to as many as poss despite what some will lead you to believe on here!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
errall all spaces are limited. There's only 22,300 of 'em

A reply on ATC now suggests the 900 seats reserved for match purchases on the day may be used for STH's if everywhere else has sold out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A reply on ATC now suggests the 900 seats reserved for match purchases on the day may be used for STH's if everywhere else has sold out.

Always was the case - they're just being held by in case we don't sell all ST - so it's easier to have 2 main blocks for general sale (other area is East stand nearest South stand)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know, but there's a group of 7 of us who want to sit together and only I recieved the letter today, none of them are 'long standing fans' and none have previously owned ST's.

You do realise you can 'reserve' seats next to your 4 yeh? Also i almost gauruntee you if you went there on your own and wanted to buy 7 all in all they'd let you do it no prob. The plus 3 is to scare people off taking the piss - the club wanna sell as many as poss...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
so what exactly is a long standing fan then?

No such thing mate, as you must be aware you CAN NOT stand at Withdean, the big nasty stewards do not like it.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Bugger, I even had doughnuts at half time at Withdean under the misguided belief that this would make me a better fan than anyone else....Alas I am yet to get an invited to one of these "presentations"....

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
You do realise you can 'reserve' seats next to your 4 yeh? Also i almost gauruntee you if you went there on your own and wanted to buy 7 all in all they'd let you do it no prob. The plus 3 is to scare people off taking the piss - the club wanna sell as many as poss...

Really?! Well if that's true then I'll get all 7 of them when I go then. Can other people come along even if they weren't actually invited?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Im a blue member so gonna definetely take a mooch into work tommorow to see if ive got anything

Fingers Crossed

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Cheers for thinking of me BOF but i've luckily already got my ST courtesy of a plus 3 from Seagulls Over Burwash :) But yes I'd like to think I'd have got a letter if I hadn't already got mine due to purchasing regular tickets since about 2001 at Withers and I did have 2 or 3 STs too. If i was in the position of say TRICKY I would DEF give the season tivket hotline a call - I would bet that you'd get given a presentation there and then Tricky mate - trust me on that - if not, use blagging - ie a mate of yours has got a letter and you haven't... The Albion are desperate to sell ST's to as many as poss despite what some will lead you to believe on here!

I know. I was only being picklish.

I do think that there are fans that are ignored entirely, despite going to most games each season, yet never having owned a season ticket. They don't get offered discounts. They don't get any sort of priority when it comes to a fixture of interest and so on.

I'll be royally pissed off if the club start offering priority schemes for the final game at Withdean. I asked insider and he said details will be announced in due course.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Bugger, I even had doughnuts at half time at Withdean under the misguided belief that this would make me a better fan than anyone else....Alas I am yet to get an invited to one of these "presentations"....

I attended a school sports day at the withdean in 1969...I must be a better fan than you!!!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If people want to buy a seat, but have got to wait for freinds attending presentations at a later date, why not just buy your seat now to absolutely garauntee it and move it later on, just a thought!

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I've got one of these letters. I am a white member but was a blue member last year.

Can't wait to book a presentation and get a season ticket.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I had a 'trial' on the Withdean pitch for a very lower non-league team about twenty five years ago, that degenerated into farce, with about forty a side chasing the ball like one of those inter-village games from the 1800's. Touched the ball once IIRC! Do I get a letter anyone know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here