Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex or Goldstone?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Love the Amex for its structure (beautiful to look at) and facilities.

But I'm the "old fashioned" type who likes to watch football standing up and singing and shouting my support. The Goldstone had so much more atmosphere.

I'll take the atmospheric decaying shit-heap over the glossy sparkling stadium any day!

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
I know the reasons why The Amex has to be at Falmer, and it is the most beautiful comfortable stadium. The Goldstone was, quite literally, worn out and impossible to re-develop given the size of the site and the limitations surrounding it, as expressed earlier in this thread. Even so, the old Goldstone was part of the town and I for one got a buzz every time I went past. Yeah, the trend these days is for out of town state of the art stadiums, but somehow I feel that a little community identity has been lost. And it was ever so easy to pop down for cup tickets and the like. However. nostalgia may be fun, but it ain't going to get Albion very far, nor the supporters. Hey, it's 2017 and Albion now play in a spectacular stadium which also looks great when you drive over that dip on the A27 and see The Amex...

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Heart = Goldstone, Head = Amex.

I think this sums up my feelings. I00% Goldstone as I stated at the beginning of this thread, but the simple reality is not even Dumbledore could have given us the ground we have now on the old site in Hove. I still can't and won't shop there though. That bloody Burger King is just next to where I would go in the North so I could enjoy the bantz between us and whoever graced our hallowed turf. Onwards and upwards. :albion2:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think this sums up my feelings. I00% Goldstone as I stated at the beginning of this thread, but the simple reality is not even Dumbledore could have given us the ground we have now on the old site in Hove. I still can't and won't shop there though. That bloody Burger King is just next to where I would go in the North so I could enjoy the bantz between us and whoever graced our hallowed turf. Onwards and upwards. :albion2:

I was dragged round the Toys r us store once ... horrendous experience. :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here