Amex IS a Rugby World Cup 2015 venue!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
excellent...after a season frought with dissappointment at the Maj, with London Irish, it will be great to see international rugby.

by the way if you have never seen professional rugby close up, i thoroughly recommend going...they are all bloody huge dinosaurs and smash eachother so hard you are amazed they get up afterwards

its good stuff

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
excellent...after a season frought with dissappointment at the Maj, with London Irish, it will be great to see international rugby.

by the way if you have never seen professional rugby close up, i thoroughly recommend going...they are all bloody huge dinosaurs and smash eachother so hard you are amazed they get up afterwards

its good stuff

I'm still adament that I enjoyed seeing England vs Italy at rugby 10 times more than I would for the equivalent fixture in football.

Brilliant atmosphere. Amazing athletes. Constant action. Mixed crowd. Drinking in my seat.

Brilliant.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

its good stuff

I would agree with that. Anybody that has stood on the terracing at the Rec will know the funny steps next to the Pulteney bridge that you have to go down to get to the ground. I ended up amongst the Worcester Warriors team as they ambled down the steps. I'm fairly large, but they made me feel like a small child. Absolute giants of men.

Brilliant sport to watch live - especially if James Haskell is involved (which he won't be at the Amex) - he is a machine!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was in a restaurant next door to the Agen ground when the B team came in for a meal. Huge doesn't cover it, they almost blocked all the light from the very large windows as they strolled in.

I was suprised to see how big Ashley Barnes is when I saw him in the 1901 for his MOM award a couple of weeks ago. I've always thought he was quite small. Watching on tv or from the stands doesn't give you a true picture of how big the players are.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Hope we don't get it as from a selfish point of view don't want the pitch messed up

- We'll get our pitch messed up by bloody great brutes masquerading as sportsmen.
- Every other stadium that has both rugger and footy suffers from the mess created by the rugger buggers.
- It's during the footy season for goodness sake.

Sure the money will be good, but a big thumbs down from me.

I would agree with that. Anybody that has stood on the terracing at the Rec will know the funny steps next to the Pulteney bridge that you have to go down to get to the ground. I ended up amongst the Worcester Warriors team as they ambled down the steps. I'm fairly large, but they made me feel like a small child. Absolute giants of men.

Brilliant sport to watch live - especially if James Haskell is involved (which he won't be at the Amex) - he is a machine!

I hope you went to the Pulteney Arms afterwards? We used to go regularly when my wife was studying for her PhD in the early 1980's and usually get down at least once a season now. Great times in that pub with John Hall holding court; snowed in once (1980?) and a 24hr lock-in after Bath had beaten 'Quins. Great memories, a great sport to watch and play, lifetime friends, happy, happy times.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Depeche Mode at the Amex would just about make my life !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depeche Mode at the Amex would just about make my life !

Do they play rugby? About the only way you'd get your wish.

What sort of crowd do you reckon they'd get if they played there? 2k tops?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I'm beginning to become quite emotional over the last few days
about exactly what we have achieved as a club in the last few years.
We all have a moan from time to time but really why do we ?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
“The Springboks have a proud record at Rugby World Cups and I’m confident they will be there again at the business end of the tournament in 2015, but we have to ensure our planning is perfect for this tournament if we are going to do our country proud over in England.” said SARU CEO Jurie Roux.

“It’s great to know this far in advance what our schedule for the pool matches will look like, as it provides our logistics team with ample opportunity to ensure the Springboks stay in the best hotels, get the best training facilities and come up with a travel schedule what will benefit the team..

Springbok coach Heyneke Meyer said: “Playing in parts of the UK that we normally don’t see, such as Brighton, Birmingham and Newcastle, is quite exciting.

“In the end however, the games still have to be won and it doesn’t matter where we play, we have to ensure we get more points on the scoreboard than our opponents.

“The Rugby World Cup is still more than two years away and a lot of rugby will be played between now and then, but we now have an opportunity to put all our planning into place for that tournament.”

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
They need to update their website. Was sent link this morning including the following text:

"Built to replace the local football team's decrepit Goldstone Ground, it is spacious and comfortable, with luxurious padded seats. And there are plans to make it even better, too: capacity will be steadily increased to over 27,000 by the middle of this year, and could be upped to above 30,000 by the time the Rugby World Cup rolls around."

First bit bang on, but second....they are well behind the times!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports