Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex IS a Rugby World Cup 2015 venue!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
South Africa v. Asia 1 (19th September, 8pm kick off) - tickets start for £15 for kids, up to £85.
Somoa v. Americas 2 (20th September, 12noon kick off) - tickets start at £7 for kids, up to £60.

There is a priority period for people that are members of rugby clubs in England. Therefore, as a rugger bugger myself, I am hoping I may be able to get some tickets for the Samoa match before they go on general sale.

My God - makes the football tickets look reasonably priced !

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
That's what I would've thought, but I bet if you did a straw poll amongst 1901, the vast majority, if not all, will expect their seat.

I think the West Stand Middle will be for the RFU / Rugby World Cup organisation / International Federations / Sponsors.

And as this is not an albion event, then why shouldn't that be the case ???

As the albion are nothing to do with ticket sales, I'm not even sure there is the facility for 1901 priority at all.

South Africa v. Asia 1 (19th September, 8pm kick off) - tickets start for £15 for kids, up to £85.
Somoa v. Americas 2 (20th September, 12noon kick off) - tickets start at £7 for kids, up to £60.

There is a priority period for people that are members of rugby clubs in England. Therefore, as a rugger bugger myself, I am hoping I may be able to get some tickets for the Samoa match before they go on general sale.

My God - makes the football tickets look reasonably priced !
The full range of prices for the South Africa game is:-

Cat A £85.00
Cat B £65.00
Cat C £35.00 / Child - £15.00
Cat D £20.00 / Child - £15.00

And for the Samoa game:-

Cat A £60.00
Cat B £45.00
Cat C £35.00 / Child - £7.00
Cat D £15.00 / Child - £7.00

If you really want to pay big money, you can always grab a ticket for England v Wales at Twickenham:-

Cat A £315.00
Cat B £215.00
Cat C £160.00 / Child - £15.00
Cat D £75.00 / Child - £15.00

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The ground holds 30,750 and will probably have 20,000 South Africans in it.

How many nice ones out of that lot do you reckon? I'll stick my neck out and say THREE.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Sorry I haven't read the whole thread but has any mentioned why they are not using Selhurst after all it is a premiership ground isn't it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

That's the capacity for football, I reckon it will be higher for rugby as there'll be no need for the segregated areas. The South Africa match will probably be the record Amex attendance.

It will be great to see rugby at the Amex. As I'm a rugby club member,I'll have some sort of priority but I tickets will still be hard to come by. I'm going to apply for both at the Amex and England v Wales.

I know a few companies involved in sponsorship so, with a bit of luck, I might watch the latter from a hostility box.

Really looking forward to this

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That's the capacity for football, I reckon it will be higher for rugby as there'll be no need for the segregated areas. The South Africa match will probably be the record Amex attendance.

It will be great to see rugby at the Amex. As I'm a rugby club member,I'll have some sort of priority but I tickets will still be hard to come by. I'm going to apply for both at the Amex and England v Wales.

I know a few companies involved in sponsorship so, with a bit of luck, I might watch the latter from a hostility box.

Really looking forward to this

The legal capacity is 30,750.

There aren't, however, 30,750 seats in the stadium, but there might be by the time the Rugby World Cup comes around.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How does our max attendance compare with the other 'regional' grounds, being used.

It would be great for the club and Sussex if we topped that attendance league as well.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
How does our max attendance compare with the other 'regional' grounds, being used.

It would be great for the club and Sussex if we topped that attendance league as well.

We are the smallest football stadium being used, but we are bigger than both of the 'proper club rugby grounds' that are being used.

Twickenham, London - 82,000
Wembley, London - 90,000
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff - 74,500
City of Manchester Stadium - 61,500
Olympic Stadium, London - 54,000
St. James' Park, Newcastle - 52,387
Villa Park, Birmingham - 42,788
Elland Road, Leeds - 37,900
Leicester City Stadium - 32,262
Stadium:MK, Milton Keynes - 32,000 (after expansion)
Brighton Community Stadium - 30,750
Sandy Park, Exeter - 20,000 (after expansion)
Kingsholm, Gloucester - 16,500

Edit - I think I missed your point, I've gone by capacity and not attendances.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We are the smallest football stadium being used, but we are bigger than both of the 'proper club rugby grounds' that are being used.

Twickenham, London - 82,000
Wembley, London - 90,000
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff - 74,500
City of Manchester Stadium - 61,500
Olympic Stadium, London - 54,000
St. James' Park, Newcastle - 52,387
Villa Park, Birmingham - 42,788
Elland Road, Leeds - 37,900
Leicester City Stadium - 32,262
Stadium:MK, Milton Keynes - 32,000 (after expansion)
Brighton Community Stadium - 30,750
Sandy Park, Exeter - 20,000 (after expansion)
Kingsholm, Gloucester - 16,500
It would be nice to sell out and squeak above Leeds in that list.
But that would seem to be as high as we'll be able to go.

How many nice ones out of that lot do you reckon? I'll stick my neck out and say THREE.

Cue "I´ve never met a nice South African" by Spitting Image, available on YouTube if I could be arsed to look

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I wonder when it's all over if MK Don'ts will do the reverse of stadium expansion and lower the roof and remove the top tier?

Pretty pointless have 6-7000 people rattling around a 32,000 capacity stadium. It seems abundantly clear that they'll never fill it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The legal capacity is 30,750.

There aren't, however, 30,750 seats in the stadium, but there might be by the time the Rugby World Cup comes around.

Ah...OK. So what is the capacity of the ground for football then. It's clearly not going to be 30,750 because of the segregation but how much can it hold?

My original point still stands though - I reckon the SA game will see Albion's record attendance

Will there a problem that season with making requests for particular weekends as away games.
We'll want to be away for Pride, that day when the Uni carpark is closed, Boxing Day and the rugby match - how many requests can we make?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here