Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex IS a Rugby World Cup 2015 venue!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I am not very excited about this.

The tournament takes place between 18 September 2015 – 31 October 2015 and will (particularly if it's wet) completely f**k up our pitch for weeks after.

I'm sure Gus will be over the moon if he's still here.

Rugby - No thanks.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Amex being tipped as a Rugby World Cup venue!

The tournament takes place between 18 September 2015 – 31 October 2015 and will (particularly if it's wet) completely f**k up our pitch for weeks after.

Rugby - No thanks.

I'm with you. We will have those stupid lines on our pitch for weeks after too. Play rugby at rugby grounds, if they aren't big enough that's their lookout.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Am I alone in not wanting this?

No, but you're in a minority.

A couple of games of rugby played in the autumn isn't going to have a massive affect on the pitch, and the revenue and marketing it brings will be valuable.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would love to see rugby at the Amex! Even if its two qualifiers - Georgia vs. Japan (or the like), count me in!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Rugby - No thanks.
Seems a bit of a feeble argument when you consider there are clubs all over the place who share or have shared their grounds with rugby clubs: Reading, Hull, Wigan, Wycombe, Watford - plus Old Trafford gets used for 2 or 3 rugby league matches over the course of a season.

I'm fairly confident the Albion groundstaff can cope with 2 or 3 rugby matches in a single month of a 9 month season.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
our lovely pitch :tantrum:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm genuinely not worried about the pitch. If Swansea and Reading can manage multiple rugby games a season and still create a lovely pitch, I'm sure we can.

The terrible pitches tend to be in the older stadia - when Sale were in their last season groundsharing with Stockport, the pitch was diabolical.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Albion fans in Nimby shocker. Disgusting given what we went through to get the ground beause of Falmer nimbys. Short memories. it may not be anywhere near as big a deal I accept

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Re: Amex being tipped as a Rugby World Cup venue!

We've got a great stadium, a nice city and, to me at least, Rugby is something worth watching.

Good news all round!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Come on people! It's a great thing for the club to host the Rugby. I'm not a fan but I'll go along and it will bring the ground to an international audience which can only be a good thing.

I understand the concerns about the pitch but we have exceptional groundstaff and this is our chance to prove that the stadium can put on large-scale events. Add this to the U-21's and hopefully we'll get international football there someday too.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Also, if it's Rugby, can we drink in our seats? (Forgive me if it's a dumb question!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here