Amex hotel proposal will be decided at BHCC Planning Committee 17th February

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I don't think the sort of breakdown of the stats you want is actually available.

The stats that are available suggest that nothing unusual is going on in regard to the decisions which are being made.

That's my only point really.

How is not taking on board Councillors' pre-application comments/requests/suggestions on the design failing to comply with planning law / published policy?

At a formal pre-application consultation such as this, any advice provided by the Council (officers and elected members) is based on their understanding of the legislation and the Council's published policies. If the applicant doesn't take this on board then they should expect to have their proposals rejected.
From reading the officer's report this seems to be the major reason why he/she has recommended that the design of the building is unsuitable; the relevant legislation and Council Polices on which this conclusion is based are referenced in the report.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Also like others I have difficulty seeing the hotel not being viable given that it is 10mins by train to the centre of Brighton without the hassle of actually finding somewhere to park it should be a roaring success.

But the council wouldn't be able to bleed cash out of the motorists to park there. :p

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At a formal pre-application consultation such as this, any advice provided by the Council (officers and elected members) is based on their understanding of the legislation and the Council's published policies.
But you're ignoring the "comments/requests/suggestions on the design" bit. I'm not convinced that 100% of the advice they give is based on legislation and policies.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Just about to start the discussion of BH2015/03285 - Land Adjacent to the American Express Community Stadium, Village Way, Brighton - Full Planning

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
God, she's boring

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
I don't think the hotel looks too bad

Although I used to quite like sitting on the bank outside the east stand after a game (during the warmer months)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah, this Mr Perry fella seems to know his stuff, I vote do what he says.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Pezza on now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports