Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Has To Wake Up

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Usually quite good in the North for the first 20 minutes but if we're not winning or dominating the game after that it turns into moans and groans at every little mistake. So disappointing, games like yesterday are the type of games where we need to really lift the team and help them over the line.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
With my dodgy ears I can't always make out the wordings of the songs. Maybe they could be posted on to NSC so all can learn them?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
A drum or the occasional dirge of our one and only chant: "Albion, Albion" I think we all know which one the players would choose.

I don't get this. Perched in the WSU I can vouch for the fact that I joined in with at least the following (along with others) which started in the NS and were sung loudly Vs Burnley:

1. GOSBTS
2. Albion...Albion
3. Brighton..clap clap cap
4. Coz we all follow Brighton and Hove Albion
5. Seagulls
6. Come on Brighton

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Barely hear the North either yesterday

They were definitely more quiet than normal but they were heard when they started to berate the rest for not singing up. What do you expect to achieve from this, you think you can shame people into doing what you want? This that is not how it works. They must be deaf it they didnt hear WSU. There comes a time when the NS comes across as a bunch of wnkrs.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
They were definitely more quiet than normal but they were heard when they started to berate the rest for not singing up. What do you expect to achieve from this, you think you can shame people into doing what you want? This that is not how it works. They must be deaf it they didnt hear WSU. There comes a time when the NS comes across as a bunch of wnkrs.

Berate how? "Sing up for the albion"?

The north if half full of people not interested in improving the atmosphere, probably some of the wankers on here who refuse to chant because they don't like the song :facepalm:

If it was a north stand of old, full of people wanting to contribute then I'd be in there.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
giphy.gif

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Usually quite good in the North for the first 20 minutes but if we're not winning or dominating the game after that it turns into moans and groans at every little mistake. So disappointing, games like yesterday are the type of games where we need to really lift the team and help them over the line.
Agreed with that. Load of whinging in the North on Saturday. Poor atmosphere as a result. Too many plastics expecting us to be smashing it every game.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agreed with that. Load of whinging in the North on Saturday. Poor atmosphere as a result. Too many plastics expecting us to be smashing it every game.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That and a high degree of nervousness now. The longer we went without scoring on Saturday the more tense it got............

Berate how? "Sing up for the albion"?

The north if half full of people not interested in improving the atmosphere, probably some of the wankers on here who refuse to chant because they don't like the song :facepalm:

If it was a north stand of old, full of people wanting to contribute then I'd be in there.

The old North Stand was rarely full of Brighton singing Fanatics, a stand with a capacity of 5,000 would on a very good day have 500 singers often below that figure, the big difference was they could all get together.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Remember folks it was never silent in the good old days...

...oh hang on a minute, of course it was.

bhafcfin

Aug 5, 2017
Can we sing merry christmas elton john (to the tune of merry christmas everyone) this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
It could be worse we could be wearing all black and waving idiotic flags around stealing shit German songs like that club from Croydon does.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I wasn't there today, but the atmosphere at the beginning of the season was fantastic. Maybe not up with Sheffield Wednesday, but not too far away.

Next Saturday is a massive game, probably the biggest of the season to date.

We expect the 11 blokes in blue and white to be up for it - we need to be too.

I'd agree with this, and was particularly struck by how loud and consistent we were both in terms of all parts of the stadium, and continuous noise in those early games. That hasn't been sustained, but we need to rekindle it as the OP pleads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here