Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex food

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Chilli sauce thrown from a 100 yards onto the pitch is still a risk, you could get it on a players ankle
If it’s the stuff from Albion Kebabs that’s deadly stuff. There was a rangers fan last season who managed to Sneak, McDonalds, Burger King, KFC and Kebabs into Ibrox, one of societies true greats

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The explosion of food culture around football is fun, and suddenly it feels like the Amex is a bit behind.
Indeed especially after the hoisin duck loaded fries I had at Oxford City the other week, although there are some comedic ones I’ve seen on Twitter, like Barnet this weekend for example

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thai crispy noodles…….. I’m feck ed if Im going to let it drop.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
With the huge costs of going to the football these days, who actually wastes exhorbitent amounts of cash on generally pretty crappy and over priced food? I have a sandwich at home before I go, then an evening meal after the game. Far nicer and much cheaper.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
With the huge costs of going to the football these days, who actually wastes exhorbitent amounts of cash on generally pretty crappy and over priced food? I have a sandwich at home before I go, then an evening meal after the game. Far nicer and much cheaper.
Somehow I don't fancy an evening meal well after 10pm. When I was a teenager or my twenties no problem. At my age with work the next day, no way.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Its not impossible to achieve healthier options.
They also already offer a vegetable tagine in the North Stand.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I would like far more variety including healthy food but it's not an option at the Amex. Is this something perhaps the fan council can take up with the club. I don't want high cholestral eating stodgy pies, burgers, artificial hot dogs etc. If clubs like Forest Green can at least offer slightly more healthy and non meat food why cant the Amex cater for more diversity? You can even get a decaf cuppa tea. Stuff like that is an easy fix. I appreciate it might seem like a moan and I do appreciate that generally food is fast served its just not healthy or appealing. You cant bring much into the stadium so you are somewhat stuck unless you accept the stodge on offer. How do others feel? Thanks.
I wouldn't call Forest Green's options particularly healthy - "you can expect to see anything from our Q Pie with Quorn to vegan pizzas, fajitas, and sweet potato fries"

The club offer vegetarian alternatives if meat is the issue. Food needs to be able to be eaten with minimal waste/utensils for fan comfort and club cost. Pies, hot dogs and burgers can all be eaten without a plate and served in an easily disposable, recyclable paper bag. There also needs to be a level of demand that makes options profitable. I don't think I'd ever bother with a salad or jacket potato. I'd just not eat at the ground.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wraps with say chicken meat or vegan alternative and salad must be achievable. Jacket potatoes dont have to just be vegan. If the Potatoes arekept hot adding 1of say half doz filings cant be that difficult. For speed you could have the fillings in say plastic containers and fans top the jacket themselves.
Ha ! Didn't realise this thread was about 5 years old !

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
I would like far more variety including healthy food but it's not an option at the Amex. Is this something perhaps the fan council can take up with the club. I don't want high cholestral eating stodgy pies, burgers, artificial hot dogs etc. If clubs like Forest Green can at least offer slightly more healthy and non meat food why cant the Amex cater for more diversity? You can even get a decaf cuppa tea. Stuff like that is an easy fix. I appreciate it might seem like a moan and I do appreciate that generally food is fast served its just not healthy or appealing. You cant bring much into the stadium so you are somewhat stuck unless you accept the stodge on offer. How do others feel? Thanks.
It's a football match not a culinary experience, a place men go to be men, to drink alcohol, eat unhealthy food, to cheer on their team and goad the opposition. Why not eat a tofu wrap washed down with a sparkling water before you go to the match?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The explosion of food culture around football is fun, and suddenly it feels like the Amex is a bit behind.
Victims of our own success - Piglets were one of the first to pioneer some quality football food rather than an awful Pukka Pie that you'd see everywhere else. A proper pie and real ale felt revolutionary at the time.

Now as Piglet's seem determined to win every lucrative stadium contract going we've been left behind a little bit. Although the Sausage rolls are good.

Hopefully that will change when the fan zone area gets built.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agreed I’ve got a few health issues at the moment and avoiding to much gluten & saturated fats. Probably the vegan rice thing is the only thing suitable

Normally it’d be ok but not really for evening games or the Spurs game didn’t eat until I got a takeaway when I got back at 9.30
You are avoiding too much gluten and saturated fats, yet you were happy to eat a takeway?

I mean, aren't they two things that the average takeaway is crammed full of?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Football matches take place at all kinds of weird times these days and sometimes these coincide with what might be considered meal times. I'm with the OP. Catering for people who might want a slightly healthier and tastier option than what's normally available at the Amex is not a bad idea and may even boost revenue for the club if it's done the right way. People who are happy with pies, burgers and hot dogs etc wouldn't need to be deprived of any of those things.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a football match not a culinary experience, a place men go to be men, to drink alcohol, eat unhealthy food, to cheer on their team and goad the opposition. Why not eat a tofu wrap washed down with a sparkling water before you go to the match?
Misogynist.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Arsenal sell bagels

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Most of this stuff would be to the detriment of the beer queue, its difficult enough as it is, when most of the servers are temporary staff who might only be there a season.

If anything there should be fewer options to keep the queues moving faster. 1 lager, 1 ale, chicken pie, meat pie, veg pie. If you can't find anything to like in that list it's your own fault for being a weirdo!
They are all pies ! How is that weird - lots of people don’t eat pies , stodgy .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here