Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex feels like home already

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
In the 70s when I was a teenager I used to look forward to games all week. That's how I feel now about the Amex.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Thought it would takes ages to feel like home, maybe even a whole season, but it's bloody brilliant!
Really feels like home already. And the atmosphere inside and outside the ground is so fantastic.
It's wonderful!!!!!!

If I could take a football ground home and tuck it under my pillow at night, I would take the Amex.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
It felt like home the very moment I firswt stepped into it, which is probably why I had a lump in my throat and had to fight the tears

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Yep we've already made it feel like a 'real' home again and I bet the players love the atmosphere, the north stand is rocking every game, it's the place to be, so much for it being too small.:amex::albion2::rock::bhasign:

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I commented this to my old man and brother after the Donny game! Its such a great fit, swanky football, swanky ground, just feels right and like home already. I cant get enough of the place.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Yep, I'm really enjoying it.

I've sorted out my transport method there and back and learned to dress properly for Club Tropicana in the WSU concourse so with those two things worked out it feels like I've been going there for years

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
In the 70s when I was a teenager I used to look forward to games all week. That's how I feel now about the Amex.

That is exactly how I feel catfish, going to The Goldstone was the highlight of the week and by Friday I was really excited. The Amex has had exactly the same effect, only I am in my 40's now.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That is exactly how I feel catfish, going to The Goldstone was the highlight of the week and by Friday I was really excited. The Amex has had exactly the same effect, only I am in my 40's now.

Add me to the list. In fact, I find it impossible to focus on any bloody work this season.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

It's great isn't it? Having your second childhood while still only in your 40's!

westy

Jul 25, 2003

Likewise! Home games at Withdean had become so depressing until Gus arrived. Even then I enjoyed away games miles more last season, now though.. I cant wait to get back to the Amex when the game finishes. As the weekend approaches the anticipation is like it used to be for big games at the Goldstone but I think im enjoying the Amex even more!!

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
It has been from day 1 amazing to see brighton play so well and in such great surroundings. From my first game against spurs i had that feeling of not wanting to leave, its weird i actually felt quite pissed off when i saw that after this saturday theres no home game till 23rd Sep, it's too long, hope we get a home tie in CC 3rd round

Exactly this.

How am I going to cope with no Amex for weeks.

Lets have another home cup game. Although no matter how much people love the Amex I am sure they will moan about the price again.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm just looking forward to the next Carling advert , where the punchline is - If Carling did football stadiums it would be The Amex.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Can this be likened to bonding with a newborn baby?

No traumatic birth - the transition to the Amex was relatively trouble-free, on time and to budget. Not only that the results can only enhance the bonding experience. We are truly blessed. Long may it continue into adulthood and beyond.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Likewise! Home games at Withdean had become so depressing until Gus arrived. Even then I enjoyed away games miles more last season, now though.. I cant wait to get back to the Amex when the game finishes. As the weekend approaches the anticipation is like it used to be for big games at the Goldstone but I think im enjoying the Amex even more!!

I echo this. I'm early fifties but havnt felt like this for 25 years. Can't wait til tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here