Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex feels like home already

Best Foot Forward

Apr 29, 2008
Burgess Hill
After just 5 visits to the Amex it already feels like home. I expected it to take longer. Withdean never felt anything but an odd experience, even after several seasons

Is it just me?

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I thought exactly the same yesterday. I love the place, I hate leaving after a game finishes.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
No, it's not just you! We always knew Withdean was temporary... however long it ended up lasting! AMEX = DREAMLAND, it's AMAZING!! Don't think the novelty/joy will EVER wear off for any fans who endured the nomadic years...

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
After just 5 visits to the Amex it already feels like home. I expected it to take longer. Withdean never felt anything but an odd experience, even after several seasons

Is it just me?

Not just you - feels like moving into a new house when it feels just right.

Will enjoy getting to know different parts of the stadium over time (eg looking forward to seeing all the different artworks around ground) but it really feels like home.

The atmosphere has exceeded my expectations - I love it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
A lot of talk if the atmosphere would be good (or bad) before we moved in and it was pretty split but it has been superb.I have read a lot of comments from opposing fans saying how good it is.

So proud to be an Albion fan.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I was worried that the new ground jinx might have been a problem but no it feels like home already

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its great we've settled in so quick, allows everybody to focus on the super - and still improving! - football on offer. Last night's game was an Albion classic IMHO.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I think it's because:
1. It's got character.
2. Albion fans are probs the best around.
3. Our current team is arguably the best we have had.
Can't believe it's happening TO US!!!

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
reading Gus comments about wishing we could be back at withdean just for this match (sunderland would not fancy it), i could not help but think NOOOO, never again. still have to pinch myself that we r there. :amex::amex::amex::amex::amex::amex::amex::amex::amex:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Its great we've settled in so quick, allows everybody to focus on the super - and still improving! - football on offer. Last night's game was an Albion classic IMHO.

History is already being made here, memories to build on rather than it feeling too new and strange.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've been there twice, Spurs and Doncaster, I'm gutted that I don't live in Brighton anymore. I never felt like that when we were at Withdean.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
In a way, because it's so long since the Goldstone and Withers was not really home, we have been wanting and waiting for this for so long. There's no hankering after our old ground, as most other fans will have done with their moves.

This is home. After going to Pompey I really can't be arsed with away games, nothing compares to home now, a complete turnaround from the last decade.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Totally agree, yes there are a few niggles getting there and back but when I'm sat in my seat it is just pure joy.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I really can't praise the place enough. We're privileged to watch football in that kind of arena and the facilities are only going to get better. It felt surreal for the first game but now it's very definitely home.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
I just love the AmEx - atmosphere, facilities......etc etc............I just love it.................simply.................

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
reading Gus comments about wishing we could be back at withdean just for this match (sunderland would not fancy it), i could not help but think NOOOO, never again. still have to pinch myself that we r there. :amex::amex::amex::amex::amex::amex::amex::amex::amex:

I went to look at that youtube video of our promotion last year and had to turn it off after about a minute. Can't even look at withdean now. f*** me it was shit . What we have now is like another world compared to that

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
It has been from day 1 amazing to see brighton play so well and in such great surroundings. From my first game against spurs i had that feeling of not wanting to leave, its weird i actually felt quite pissed off when i saw that after this saturday theres no home game till 23rd Sep, it's too long, hope we get a home tie in CC 3rd round

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here