Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex contractor installation cock up

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Actually what you will find is that the text on the other side of the pitch (east stand) will be the on in view of the cameras. And that will be the right way up :thumbsup:

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
its a brand new stadium... im pretty sure with all the great work theyve done so far they are not going to cock that up, its kind of ovyous that the tv camaras are going to be in the east stand.. this will also make the ground look better on the tele as it is faceing the biggest stand

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Wrong thread :moo:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Haven't you thought about the writing in front of the East Stand? Surely from the West Stand you are going to see the writing right-side up in front of the East Stand. Also, think about perspective, when do TV Cameras ever focus directly in front of the dug-out as a standard part of viewing a game. For TV viewing, Amex Community Stadium will be able to be seen in front of the East Stand... That's my bet anyway

This.

I posted in the wrong thread.

Actually what you will find is that the text on the other side of the pitch (east stand) will be the one in view of the cameras. And that will be the right way up :thumbsup:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
From the plans, cameramen circled in red. There was also a camera in the East stand lighting gantry.

cameras.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Holy f*** some people on here are so retarded.

Do you HONESTLY think the people building this thing don't know exactly what they are doing ?

Jesus.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
More importantly, perhaps: it's a bit of advertising. Who CARES??

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If it was something like spelling the name of the club wrong, I could see how this would upset people. But it's a bit of white paint featuring the name of a corporate sponsor....I am confident it's 100% correct as the people installing it are experts unlike some of the hatstands on here, but even if it was wrong, why would any of us give a shite, frankly?

The most effective way of promoting a brand name is to get everybody to view it upside down. This makes people think: "What are those words? Let me concentrate on them. Ah yes - it's the American Express thing. Of course. I'm pleased I've solved the problem. American Express. Yes".

Just showing the name and requiring no effort on the part of the reader achieves hardly any impact.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The club have responded that it was a mistake.

Work will begin shortly on rotating the West Stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here