Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex contractor installation cock up

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It'll need at least two coats to cover it up. Maybe it's stuck on. :lolol:

If it was something like spelling the name of the club wrong, I could see how this would upset people. But it's a bit of white paint featuring the name of a corporate sponsor....I am confident it's 100% correct as the people installing it are experts unlike some of the hatstands on here, but even if it was wrong, why would any of us give a shite, frankly?

This. And I'm loving the use of 'hatstands', early contender for word of the day.

The most effective way of promoting a brand name is to get everybody to view it upside down. This makes people think: "What are those words? Let me concentrate on them. Ah yes - it's the American Express thing. Of course. I'm pleased I've solved the problem. American Express. Yes".

Just showing the name and requiring no effort on the part of the reader achieves hardly any impact.

Also this. Although, to be honest I don't find reading those two foot high letters upside down all that taxing. I didn't even need to poke my tongue out to manage it. But as Edna says, the hatstands may struggle.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Actually what you will find is that the text on the other side of the pitch (east stand) will be the on in view of the cameras. And that will be the right way up :thumbsup:

Correct. The east touchline will be on screen more.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
And the East Standers will be the ones on the telly. Hello Mum.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
i cant see any writing there at all, in fact, i cant get the camera to go past the ninth of july, is it only me this is happening to?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
:facepalm:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The near touchline won't be in main gantry shots and the writing will be perfect for reverse angle shots of the benches... So seems like they got it right, in fact. What I would like though is a nice big Albion badge at the mouth of the tunnel like they have at Man City...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here