Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex contractor installation cock up

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
With the TV gantry situated in the West Stand Lower anyone else spotted that the blue pitch surround has "American Express Community Stadium" written upside down. Everytime you see highlights of games the writing will be the wrong way round and therefore eligible - bet Amex won't be too pleased!!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
With the TV gantry situated in the West Stand Lower anyone else spotted that the blue pitch surround has "American Express Community Stadium" written upside down. Everytime you see highlights of games the writing will be the wrong way round and eligible - bet Amex won't be too pleased!!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Its too big also - if it were smaller it would look better (less is more) - why is one side not centred- is something going to be installed on that side?

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I think the TV gantry can be either on the east or west stands if needs must. Its primary position is indeed the front of the WSU though.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm pretty sure such advance thinking isn't above the stadium designers...

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
If they may have TV cameras in the East stand why plaster "Amex Comm Stadium" upside down slap bang in front of the West Stand?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
With the TV gantry situated in the West Stand Lower anyone else spotted that the blue pitch surround has "American Express Community Stadium" written upside down. Everytime you see highlights of games the writing will be the wrong way round and eligible - bet Amex won't be too pleased!!

Isn't the TV Gantry in the Upper Tier at the front?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If they may have TV cameras in the East stand why plaster "Amex Comm Stadium" upside down slap bang in front of the West Stand?

But it wouldn't be upside down from the East Stand......

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It's a complete cock up because the tv camera location is in the WSU, so indeed, the writing is upside down from that perspective. If in doubt and even if the TV cameras were in the East stand, consider the view from there on the Web Cam - the writing on the apron in front of the West stand cannot even be seen from there !

Will be surprised if this is not corrected before the 6th August !

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Spot on Ferring! I'm sure Amex will demand it is changed and the thought of watching the highlights after each game with the writing upside down doesn't bear thinking about.

Attachments

• P1050264.JPG
    P1050264.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 718
Last edited:

fozzy

Jan 28, 2007
Spot on Ferring! I'm sure Amex will demand it is changed and the thought of watching the highlights after each game with the writing upside down doesn't bear thinking about.

is that little seagull the runt of the litter hence why its so deformed?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Christ you lot are working yourselves up aren't you.

Do you really think a contractor would be able to f*** up that badly without someone noticing and correcting them? They're not just making it up as they go along, I do hope someone makes a dick of themselves and posts this on ATC.

Haydn-4

May 4, 2008
The Lab.
Haven't you thought about the writing in front of the East Stand? Surely from the West Stand you are going to see the writing right-side up in front of the East Stand. Also, think about perspective, when do TV Cameras ever focus directly in front of the dug-out as a standard part of viewing a game. For TV viewing, Amex Community Stadium will be able to be seen in front of the East Stand... That's my bet anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here