Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] American police

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Just seen that video on the news of them shoving that old bloke over and, while he appears to be unconscious on the ground, one of the rozzers has to be held back by his mate from steaming in with more violence.

Completely disgraceful.

cops on meth..?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Although, in fairness, it looked like a legitimate stop. They didn't know anything about the driver. The copper mentions something about a problem on the trace. Fun seeing her response though.

Nah. That line about trace not coming back and he'd never seen it before, was clearly nonsense. You can tell because she asked him what system it was he used, and he blusters and goes to 'Oh and the tint on your windscreen, I don't have a tint meter on me, but that's why I stopped you'. BS. He stopped her because he saw a black person driving a fancy car.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Nah. That line about trace not coming back and he'd never seen it before, was clearly nonsense. You can tell because she asked him what system it was he used, and he blusters and goes to 'Oh and the tint on your windscreen, I don't have a tint meter on me, but that's why I stopped you'. BS. He stopped her because he saw a black person driving a fancy car.

'what was the tag run for?' ...er because waffle waffle waffle :lolol:

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
****ing hell! Thank god theres some sensible police there, but the 1st 'police officer' is the sort of **** that tar's them all, and now people have mobile phones etc we get to see how often this sort of shit goes on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0EHWgR6yVU

If you want a better understanding of racism in the States and the way the penal system is heavily biased against the black population check out 13th on Netflix ..... the US has 2.2 million people incarcerated which is around 25% of the whole total across the planet ...... simply staggering what goes on in the land of the free and much of it in the name of business and politics.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Does anyone, apart from the anarchists at BLM, actually believe that this is a good idea?

there's two outcomes. first is they replace it with police under a different name. the second is to actually have no police, go through a phase of libertarian utopia decending into criminal chaos and the people form a new police. oh, thats the same outcome, difference is how much chaos they have in the transistion.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I really do dislike all the violence and mindless thuggery going on in the BLM protests.

However, I will never forget all the protests that went on against Archer, the peaceful pitch invasions, and many other things which was getting us nowhere.

It was only when the mindless thuggery of smashing the goalposts of that 'infamous' game, did the rest of the footballing world take any notice. All the authorities condemned it, but it did make a huge difference to the campaign against the slimy crook who had a strangle hold on the Albion. Change did happen.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I really do dislike all the violence and mindless thuggery going on in the BLM protests.

However, I will never forget all the protests that went on against Archer, the peaceful pitch invasions, and many other things which was getting us nowhere.

It was only when the mindless thuggery of smashing the goalposts of that 'infamous' game, did the rest of the footballing world take any notice. All the authorities condemned it, but it did make a huge difference to the campaign against the slimy crook who had a strangle hold on the Albion. Change did happen.

So the breakdown of law and order, criminal damage, arson, looting, rioting and desecrating historical monuments is the only way to change anything? If the Climate protestors, who are just as fired up and passionate as BLM, don't see any quick change, then they will need to start vandalising aircraft, damaging corporate HQ's and factories, setting up road blocks etc to get back at those guilty of excess carbon emission. Violence is not the answer. It damages the cause. Any sympathy that BLM generates quickly starts to disappear once the inevitable violence starts.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
So the breakdown of law and order, criminal damage, arson, looting, rioting and desecrating historical monuments is the only way to change anything?

No, it is not the ONLY way to change things.

I wish things could be changed peacefully. Sadly, the reality is that sometimes things only change because of violence.

The murder of 11 million people in concentration camps didn't stop because of peaceful demonstrations.

Slavery didn't stop because of peaceful demonstrations .

It sadly , sometimes it takes the violence of wars to change things.

I don't care for it myself, but it cannot be denied either, that violence is sometimes an end to a means.

That is the way society 'sometimes' works I'm afraid.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone, apart from the anarchists at BLM, actually believe that this is a good idea?

A lot of people really. It's been done in other cities. The issue is that the police department have been burdened with responsibilities they are not fit for - responding to mental health incidents that are better dealt with by social services or mental health professionals, there's currently a video going around of a police officer pinning to the ground a black woman who called the police to mediate a disagreement about a land deed. There is no need for them to work crowd control as often as they do. It is the equivalent of the regular 'root and branch review' the FA promises after every world cup (but actually following through). It's about moving the funding that would go into police to the appropriate services that can handle these things much better.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

ooh hold on , here's someone who actually lives in America......!!! no mate [MENTION=12919]lasvegan[/MENTION] it aint a ****ing good idea at all , it's a typical knee-jerk reaction and it's a huge pile of steaming horseshoe.........the guy was a career criminal. live by the sword et al.:bigwave::rock:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

"Leftism" :rolleyes:

leftfield_leftism.jpg

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
ooh hold on , here's someone who actually lives in America......!!! no mate [MENTION=12919]lasvegan[/MENTION] it aint a ****ing good idea at all , it's a typical knee-jerk reaction and it's a huge pile of steaming horseshoe.........the guy was a career criminal. live by the sword et al.:bigwave::rock:

Bloke walked into a shop and bought groceries, paid with a $20 note that the shop then thought was fake (later found to be genuine) and then paid for it with his life. Hardly living by the sword at the time eh?

I watched the documentary 13th on Netflix and it has challenged my first thoughts of the incident. It doesn't matter about Mr Floyd's history it's yet another in a long line of unnecessary deaths that wouldn't happen to a white man (except I've just seen the video of Tony Timpa)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here