Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] American police

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Yeah, fait enough, that totally negates the cop pointing a weapon at a mans face who has a child on his shoulders.

I'm not convinced he is pointing it at the man with the kid on his shoulders, looks like a case of forced perspective to me, a cleverly cropped photo. Cop appears to be looking and aiming at something to mans left.

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm not convinced he is pointing it at the man with the kid on his shoulders, looks like a case of forced perspective to me, a cleverly cropped photo. Cop appears to be looking and aiming at something to mans left.

Your right. He is definitely not pointing it at the man or child.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The initial statement from the police department was that a protestor had tripped and fell.

A couple of hours later the mayor said the two police officers involved had been suspended without pay. Quite fortunate it was on video, and leaves you wondering what they get away with when there are no cameras.

You also have to wonder why there wasn't more made of the other officers ignoring it, and whoever authored the statement facing repercussions.

And now 57 officers have quit the special response team (though not the police department itself) in support of the two officers who have been suspended.

https://buffalonews.com/2020/06/05/57-members-of-buffalo-police-riot-response-team-resign/

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
End the white dominance of the police force. Would never happen under Trump, but the ethnic makeup of any force should 100% reflect the area they serve. The ‘whiteness’ of the Met police in 2020 is still shockingly unreflective of London’s population.

I have spoke to several black friends here in the US in recent days, and every single one of them agreed, as a group, that their worst cop experiences are with black cops.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
:glare:
And many young girls are impressed by people like her.

I think these two have been garnering a lot of attention for their complete lack of awareness, too:

[tweet]1267602725266743298[/tweet]

[tweet]1267627931154747392[/tweet]

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Read an article earlier that said there are over 18,000 police forces in the US and the officer training is very poor. Basically American Police police by force and decree while UK police ( for all their faults ) police by consent - as witnessed by the protest in Brighton yesterday. The Americans might as well give a ten year old a gun and baton and you'd see little difference between them and their 'adult' counter parts.

They pretty much do give 10 year olds guns in America, don't they?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Saw the footage of the police pushing the 75yr old. He didn't look good. Reminded me of the one in London where the guy died a few weeks later

Disgusting. Bullying of a 75 year old, left bleeding from his skull. At 0:25:

Could so easily have been fatal from a bleed on the brain.

Wonder what the tiny copper said to him as he lay unconcious?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Disgusting. Bullying of a 75 year old, left bleeding from his skull. At 0:25:

Could so easily have been fatal from a bleed on the brain.

Wonder what the tiny copper said to him as he lay unconcious?

Well, they’ve suspended the officers who pushed the poor man over so 57 of their colleagues have resigned in protest. The power of US Police Unions to get their thugs off charges is astounding.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52945190

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well, they’ve suspended the officers who pushed the poor man over so 57 of their colleagues have resigned in protest. The power of US Police Unions to get their thugs off charges is astounding.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52945190

I could be seen that the pushes were unfortunate and the man slipped. What is unforgivable for me is that only one policeman stopped to help him and he was shooed away by others. Surely they have a duty of care for that man while carrying out their order?

I wonder what the Buffalo procedure is for cases like this being investigated. Being suspended without pay seems to be unusual but surely protocols are followed in cases like this?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
There is an argument there. Although having seen the way they deal with relatively minor offences I'm rather glad to be living here. A British bobby can often be put in their place because ultimately they are not the law. Many US cops seem to have an elevated view of their status.

British police has stages of resort. In the US they will only tolerate objection as long as they feel inclined to.

So you’re glad to be living within a culture of guns because minor misdemeanours are treated firmly if the officers can be bothered? Hello Moscow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here