Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American cops killing black men

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Is this down to racism or fear of getting killed themselves? There are a lot of dangerous people with guns in the US and 91% of black people mudered are killed by their own people.

Dont think its race, think its to do with the police force. Officers of all races have been involved. Something not right with their conditioning. Seems like us and them.
When I see a policeman attack and arrest a paramedic because he didnt like him answering him back basically, when the man has had to leave the back of an ambulance attending to a patient, as the lead paramedic. You have to wonder.

Is this down to racism or fear of getting killed themselves? There are a lot of dangerous people with guns in the US and 91% of black people mudered are killed by their own people.

Over 60% of the prison population is black,so with 25% of police shootings figure would this be high or low? Should be about the prison population figures as well. (figures taken off the internet so could be out)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I have no idea about racism, I'm just astonished that the police can kill 123 black men, and it's allowed to go on.
Here, Duggan(?) was killed by a copper, and we had riots, an inquiry, and an inquest,That's one man.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
So according to that website:

566 people killed by the Police this year:
* 13 Native American
* 136 Black
* 88 Hispanic/Latino
* 279 White
* 10 Asian/Pacific Islander
* 40 Other/Unknown

per million of population
3.4 Native American
3.23 Black
1.59 Hispanic/Latino
1.41 White
0.56 Asian/Pacific Islander

I dont think its a race issue. I think its a police issue.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Dont think its race, think its to do with the police force. Officers of all races have been involved. Something not right with their conditioning. Seems like us and them.
When I see a policeman attack and arrest a paramedic because he didnt like him answering him back basically, when the man has had to leave the back of an ambulance attending to a patient, as the lead paramedic. You have to wonder.

Yep, but I don't know if this type of incident accounts for all the (as read on here)123 black men killed by American Police this year.

Over 60% of the prison population is black,so with 25% of police shootings figure would this be high or low? Should be about the prison population figures as well. (figures taken off the internet so could be out)

I wouldn't want to even try to work out the algorithm.

I have no idea about racism, I'm just astonished that the police can kill 123 black men, and it's allowed to go on.
Here, Duggan(?) was killed by a copper, and we had riots, an inquiry, and an inquest,That's one man.

There is also a lot of black people who don't get shot by police. I don't know for sure how many police there are in the US but I have seen on Googling that there are more than 900,000 sworn law enforcement officers.

How do we make sure that every one of them is completely sane or of a nervous disposition? At worst I think it is bad training but there is surely also mental health issue in other cases. I don't really know the 123 figure on a case by case basis, but there is lots of black gang violence.

Have you ever watched "The First 48" on the crime channel?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
.. you dont have to be a thug to be shot by an American police officer. This 'thug' apologised to the officer for being shot ffs

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
.. you dont have to be a thug to be shot by an American police officer. This 'thug' apologised to the officer for being shot ffs

Yep it's awful, but at that time the police believed he was going for a gun, even though the officer instigated the action.

In this instance proceedure and training was at fault, not the intention of the police.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
With out defending the police, I do think it's difficult for anyone to judge the reaction of them when we don't live in a nation where nearly anyone can legally own a gun.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yep it's awful, but at that time the police believed he was going for a gun, even though the officer instigated the action.

In this instance proceedure and training was at fault, not the intention of the police.

Thats why I say its a police problem, not a race problem. He asked the guy for his license. The guy reached for it and was shot several times, even when backing away with his hands up. The training or officer selection is flawed somewhere.

I think selection, as most are probably decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here