Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Amazon Prime football coverage

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Heads up for Sky subscribers. Amazon now have the App on the Sky platform. Once I updated my Amazon details it now produces a crystal clear picture on my tv and not the terrible stream quality I had before.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Heads up for Sky subscribers. Amazon now have the App on the Sky platform. Once I updated my Amazon details it now produces a crystal clear picture on my tv and not the terrible stream quality I had before.
Good spot so much better than through my smart tv

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The technology isn't good enough yet to watch television over the internet. I lasted about 10 minutes of the Liverpool game last night before I switched it off. The delay is one thing but the frame refresh is shocking and even more noticeable when you go from watching Spurs Arsenal in UHD to that. Chuck the delay into account and it still a no from me.

I see from last nights coverage that we have a game coming up on there.

Eh?

A few weeks ago I finally ditched Dish TV over here, and switched to something called fuboTV, a sport-oriented streaming service, that also includes all the major channels [saving myself more than $500 a year in the process]. I watch it on my Smart TV, via my wifi connection - as I do Peacock (the NBC service that shows a lot of the Premier League matches) and ESPN +. In every case, it is perfect - absolutely no difference from watching a cable or dish service.

If you can't watch TV over the internet, it is your particular instance that is the issue, not the technology.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The technology isn't good enough yet to watch television over the internet. I lasted about 10 minutes of the Liverpool game last night before I switched it off. The delay is one thing but the frame refresh is shocking and even more noticeable when you go from watching Spurs Arsenal in UHD to that. Chuck the delay into account and it still a no from me.

I see from last nights coverage that we have a game coming up on there.

Are you on dial up internet still or something? Consistently find Amazon has best picture quality of them, NowTV and BT app. Admittedly has a 30 second lag but just put the phone down during the match.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey the coverage is a long way behind 5-Live

Heard the goal.
Wandered into the front lounge.
Just as Wolves were taking the first penalty.

Jnr not impressed as apparently that was a bit of a give away. :lol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's not showing on my Sky Q. Can anyone give me instructions ?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
My firestick is telling me my signal strength is very good and yet it stutters, buffers and stops continuously. I’m forever rebooting to try and solve it. Any tips?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
My firestick is telling me my signal strength is very good and yet it stutters, buffers and stops continuously. I’m forever rebooting to try and solve it. Any tips?

Restart the firestick. then clear the cache on your firestick, then make sure the firestick is updated, delete your network and then reconnect your net work.

Close all Apps not in use....

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Go to "Apps" on your Sky Q menu. Select. It'll load and send you a code to verify through your amazon account. Bob's yer.

Just done that and works fine for me. It’s actually ahead of the 5 live coverage. The streaming was 90 seconds behind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Just done that and works fine for me. It’s actually ahead of the 5 live coverage. The streaming was 90 seconds behind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a new 4k fire stick last week and it's already surplus to requirements now this app has appeared!! My TV is a UHD LG and the processing is excellent on fire stick but marginally better on SkyQ. Remote controls also smoother on SkyQ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here