Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Amazon Prime football coverage

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's weird, we had it on in two rooms last time out (Newcastle/Palace?) and one room (firestick) was significantly ahead of the other prime app on virgin media). I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say it was over 60 seconds. I saw a chance in one room, and a replay, then popper to the loo, made my way to the other room on another floor and saw the build up to the chance again. It was such a time difference I initially thought it was a similar chance. I'm pretty sure the firestick had the second goal before the virgin app had the first.

I don't know if that's an amazon choice to strangle the feed to third party apps, or if it was just a coincidence, and it's all just a random quirk of technology.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had no bother with mine

Perfect for me, too. So, it is a few seconds behind five live, is it? Solution? Turn the sodding radio off. It isn't like it's, er The Sting, or something. FFS

:lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I also find it odd that the 'crowd noise"-less coverage on sky is a beat behind the coverage with fake crowd noise added. I would have thought it would be the other way.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's weird, we had it on in two rooms last time out (Newcastle/Palace?) and one room (firestick) was significantly ahead of the other prime app on virgin media). I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say it was over 60 seconds. I saw a chance in one room, and a replay, then popper to the loo, made my way to the other room on another floor and saw the build up to the chance again. It was such a time difference I initially thought it was a similar chance. I'm pretty sure the firestick had the second goal before the virgin app had the first.

I don't know if that's an amazon choice to strangle the feed to third party apps, or if it was just a coincidence, and it's all just a random quirk of technology.
You need to try washing your hands

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought it was excellent. Just two sound outages post match for a few seconds.

Loved the studio trio of Scholes, Crouch and Martinez. Wall to wall chat post match on the game they’d just watched, without Sky’s obsessive zzzzzzz hype of games to come.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Does anybody watch dubbed foreign films then, I have the subtitles up isn't that what everybody does.
I do. It's so annoying when they obscure the bit you're trying to see? :mad:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The technology isn't good enough yet to watch television over the internet. I lasted about 10 minutes of the Liverpool game last night before I switched it off. The delay is one thing but the frame refresh is shocking and even more noticeable when you go from watching Spurs Arsenal in UHD to that. Chuck the delay into account and it still a no from me.

I see from last nights coverage that we have a game coming up on there.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Hate it, watch through gritted teeth the England v France game was appalling quality.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I live in France but would like to get Amazon Prime. I have a UK address too. I know how to switch my computer on and off and that is about it.

Will Amazon Prime.uk (as opposed to Amazon Prime.fr, which several people here have but doesn't let them watch the footie ) work here in France and will I need to have a VPN as well ?

Any 'incredibly easy to follow instructions' will be appreciated.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
The other week, Amazon Prime wouldn't open on smart TVs during the football........... I think it was Error Code: 6085?

If couldn't handle Palace v Newcastle imagine a cup final :facepalm:

Another reason all streaming services should stay away from football.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
In the Prime matches I watched last season, I found that I needed to avoid my phone as scores would flash up on my phone before they happened on the telly. However I have been watching the Autumn Nations Cup over the last month and found no issues with lag - i.e. what has happened on screen seems to be well ahead of social media/live commentary.

[edit] - I have not had any issues with the speed/frame rate. Looks good, but my internet is quite good theses days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here