Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Amazon Prime football coverage

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The technology isn't good enough yet to watch television over the internet. I lasted about 10 minutes of the Liverpool game last night before I switched it off. The delay is one thing but the frame refresh is shocking and even more noticeable when you go from watching Spurs Arsenal in UHD to that. Chuck the delay into account and it still a no from me.

I see from last nights coverage that we have a game coming up on there.

You should consider upgrading your dial-up to broadband :cheers:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In all seriousness, I am astonished by the negativity. I took my laptop down my mate's house, connected it to his telly, and we got uninterrupted HD football, just like watching BT sport or Sky :shrug:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You should consider upgrading your dial-up to broadband :cheers:

Was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention my connection......congrats you win a prize!

In all seriousness, I am astonished by the negativity. I took my laptop down my mate's house, connected it to his telly, and we got uninterrupted HD football, just like watching BT sport or Sky :shrug:

Your peepers must be on the way out doc!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The technology isn't good enough yet to watch television over the internet. I lasted about 10 minutes of the Liverpool game last night before I switched it off. The delay is one thing but the frame refresh is shocking and even more noticeable when you go from watching Spurs Arsenal in UHD to that. Chuck the delay into account and it still a no from me.

We've got THREE games coming up on there

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...me-Trial-Gets-You-3-Albion-Matches-This-Month

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Tried casting the Liverpool game and it was awful. Watched on the native app from the TV itself and it was fantastic, perfect picture and with HDR as well. Well done Amazon.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Tried casting the Liverpool game and it was awful. Watched on the native app from the TV itself and it was fantastic, perfect picture and with HDR as well. Well done Amazon.

Well assuming your TV screen is bigger than your laptop/computer screen then that is hardly surprising. You are just mirroring a picture that has been optimised for the computer screen.

My issue isn't with Amazon or any of the other online platforms it. The technology isn't good enough at the moment to support fast moving sport. It'll get there and I've no doubt it will be how we consume television in the future but we aren't there yet sadly.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I don't care about a 10 seconds delay. I'm getting 3 of our games for free this month. I refuse to pay for sky / bt rip off rates and have Prime anyway so it's a bonus for me.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Prime to me feels like a tester for the PL to see how easy it would be to create their own online platform. Much like Disney used Netflix.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't care about a 10 seconds delay. I'm getting 3 of our games for free this month. I refuse to pay for sky / bt rip off rates and have Prime anyway so it's a bonus for me.

Same here. Only bought Amazon Prime for the free next day delivery. Anything over and above that is a bonus. Especially three Albion games in December. What's not to like? :shrug:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Nice to see Simon Thomas getting back into presenting too. He's had a real tough few years dealing with the sudden death of his wife, which was proceeded by quite severe bouts of anxiety/depression.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had about a minute of a jumpy picture around about the time the OP started the thread....but apart from that was more than happy with the service...so I’ve no complaints

I was surprised to see the thread tbh. I've had no issues with the Prime coverage whatsoever, and am enjoying seeing the games in 4k as opposed to my usual standard HD (Sky Q box is being installed next week to fix that little issue).

Now I've gone and said that though, you can guarantee our game on Sunday will screw up. :rolleyes:

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
Prime to me feels like a tester for the PL to see how easy it would be to create their own online platform. Much like Disney used Netflix.

That is exactly what the PL execs would love to do and should do, but they won't be able to because a sizeable chunk of the PL shareholders, the “big 6”, won’t agree with the rest of its members as they would prefer to individually have their own SVOD platform to sell the service direct to their global following.

With the huge drop in Sky and BT subscriptions, the days of the appeal of the lucrative carriage deals with the likes of these is dwindling fast.

Thankfully for the PL members (the clubs), Amazon are here to save the day with astronomical resources and massive scale and will be primed :lol: and ready to hoover up the broadcast rights from 2022 when I think the current PL deal ends. I’m pretty sure we’ll be consuming Premier League football and all major sports via an Amazon Sport SVOD content platform in the not too distant future.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well assuming your TV screen is bigger than your laptop/computer screen then that is hardly surprising. You are just mirroring a picture that has been optimised for the computer screen.

My issue isn't with Amazon or any of the other online platforms it. The technology isn't good enough at the moment to support fast moving sport. It'll get there and I've no doubt it will be how we consume television in the future but we aren't there yet sadly.

No, Chromecast technology is great if optimised correctly, it isn't mirroring. Sky works perfectly as do BT, Netflix YouTube etc. The Chromecast is the device doing the work here, not the phone/computer. I watch through the BT app on Chromecast and it works better than the app on my TV.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I was surprised to see the thread tbh. I've had no issues with the Prime coverage whatsoever, and am enjoying seeing the games in 4k as opposed to my usual standard HD (Sky Q box is being installed next week to fix that little issue).

Now I've gone and said that though, you can guarantee our game on Sunday will screw up. :rolleyes:

It was more a case of the commentators speech being out of synch with the facial movement s
Rather than the stream lagging Hence the badly dubbed film comment

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The delay does my head it. The updates on the gambling accounts are instant (for obvious reasons) and there is nothing worse than perusing Bet365 to see one has gone in the onion bag. I know people - quite rightly - think the BT or Sky costs are an extortion but the instant "Stick on 401" has it's advantages.

For anyone with old school copper broadband expecting a see a pixel perfect picture with 2 kids smashing out online PS4 might want to upgrade to fibre if they don't want to put their foot through the tellybox. And avoid Talk Talk while they are at it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Never had too much of an issue personally, rather looking forward to using my Prime for all our matches this month.

Generally think their offering has been pretty impressive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here