Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only person who thinks doing the ring of fire is unoriginal AND annoying?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
For sure that's a good thing. Shouldn't have the referee standing around waiting for the thing to finish though, before he can start the game. Would imagine the League will be having a quiet word about that.

Not sure that's how it works, the red blows his whistle at a given and as soon as he does that the music must stop.

It will never create that Fulham atmosphere, but it's good fun and looks good when the scarves are swinging

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The ref doesn't wait for it too finish, when he blows to start the game the music is quickly faded out.

Looks more to me (and others, according to other recent threads on the subject) like the other way round, the referee waits for the music to fade before blowing the whistle.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would imagine it is also great for scarf sales. Which probably helps given the flop of the third orange kit.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It will hopefully be a shortlived phenomenon.

It is an admission that our organic atmosphere pre kick off is inadequate. The proper singing of SBTS, elevated mojos and a bit more confidence all round will see that change next year.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Organic? by the time fan zone has done its bit there's about time for a quick horaah!
I too can remember the days when you wanted to be in place by 1.30pm and the atmosphere would build from then until kick-off...

Those days are long gone. "Atmosphere" now is about the 5 minutes before kick off and once the game starts...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its just about acceptable on fan zone but not before ko. Get rid. I always associate it with Liverpool anyway.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Am I the only person who thinks doing the ring of fire is unoriginal AND anno...

Been to plenty of games this season where thats not been the case! But lets just pretend everywhere is as sterile as the amex if it helps!:moo: Not saying 90 minutes before ko but alot better than the amex attempt.

Better give us a list then of these hot beds of noise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here