Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only person who thinks doing the ring of fire is unoriginal AND annoying?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Better give us a list then of these hot beds of noise
This. There are very few exceptions to the modern all-seated custom of later arriving and earlier leaving...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
What is the obsession some people have with dampening any kind of atmosphere or noise? You do not seem to be able to do anything without people saying they cringe, find it embarrassing or that it is tinpot, ironically these are the same people that complain about atmosphere.

Every single chant, banner or scarf wave now has a succession of people claiming that they find it embarrassing. Very odd.

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
A coordinated, slow and prolonged version 'who the effing hell are you' would be very intimidating, although not on brand.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
What an amazing coincidence, that the words of Ring of Fire and "GOSBTS" are absolutely IDENTICAL.

RoF: Der de-der-de-der derr derr derrrrrr.... "GOSBTS" Derr der-de-der der derr... derr...

So THAT'S.....why RoF has caught on so well with our dedicated and passionate fans! Remarkable!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

There's very little originality in football songs/chants. We have GOSBTS which is fully original, very few other clubs have such an anthem. There's a few with Delilah, glad all over etc.

Other than the originals which are very few and far between, all football songs have been done before no matter how new they may feel to you when singing them.

Ring of Fire was immense at Fulham and is hopefully here to stay. Love how it goes right up to/beyond kick off. Just need to ditch fanzone now but I guess the kids like this part of the pre-match routine

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What is the obsession some people have with dampening any kind of atmosphere or noise? You do not seem to be able to do anything without people saying they cringe, find it embarrassing or that it is tinpot, ironically these are the same people that complain about atmosphere.

Every single chant, banner or scarf wave now has a succession of people claiming that they find it embarrassing. Very odd.

If you think playing a sped up karaoke version of RofF on a loop whilst you wave a scarf above your head for 30 seconds creates an atmosphere then go for it. Knock yourself out.

But for me, it's just goal music without the goals.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Am I the only person who thinks doing the ring of fire is unoriginal AND anno...

So this, constant moaning about lack of atmosphere, then when something works that's not right either. no pleasing some.

I've not seen it create an atmosphere at the Amex, just some scarf Waving till it stops then all back to usual.

I can see why it might work away though.n

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If you think playing a sped up karaoke version of RofF on a loop whilst you wave a scarf above your head for 30 seconds creates an atmosphere then go for it. .

It creates a **** load more atmosphere than grumbling in embarrassment at football fans singing to generate a bit of noise.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
God we really got some right old moaners on here, Its gets all fans of all ages joining in and funny how the team seem to be doing much better since it was introduced.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Let's just moan about every chant shall we.
David Stockdale mentioned how the players could hear the fans chanting whilst they were in the dressing room at Fulham , and how it lifted them.
Perhaps Greer said " I dinna like that chant, it's pish" and Calde replied "What eez a Ring Of Fire"......i doubt it.
Perhaps some fans need to just lighten up and remove their head from their ring of fire.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Am I the only person who thinks doing the ring of fire is unoriginal AND anno...

I'm not moaning, I just think it's contrived shit.

If you want to participate in it then go for it, if you love doing it even better.

I personally prefer a song or chant but we've sold most of those sadly.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
God we really got some right old monars on here, Its gets all fans of all ages joining in and funny how the team seem to be doing much better since it was introduced.

:lolol:

Yeah, we'd be top of the league had we started it in August

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

You don't of course say why you think it is annoying. If it gets the atmosphere going, then why not? Would you prefer another song, or just don't want anything? I am sure the timing issues are not insurmountable, and could well be improved to most folk's satisfaction -it may just be that it is so new.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gets the crowd going , does it really matter if the chant is a bit naff ? The swirling scarves for some fans will be the only exercise they get all week .

SAC

May 21, 2014
Unoriginal yes, but then so what? If people enjoy if it and it gets a bit of an atmosphere going then I can't see it being a bad thing.

Annoying? Probably to some but not to others, A bit like a lot of chants at football grounds up and down the country.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I'm not moaning, I just think it's contrived shit.

The fans started it themselves at Fulham so its not contrived and its not as if its some kid with a drum.

It was made up at Barbers meet and greet on how to get a better atmosphere at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here