Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alternative to itunes...

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Cor - my query was MUCH simpler...

got it to work by the way - cheers MYOB. just waiting on my 2GB memory stick now.

will have a play with WINAMP and see what i think.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
MYOB said:
iTunes is a steaming pile of shite

Why? I love it and I've never had any problems with it. Everyone I know likes it and has never had any problems with it.
Is this a fanboy thing?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
DJ Leon said:
Why? I love it and I've never had any problems with it. Everyone I know likes it and has never had any problems with it.
Is this a fanboy thing?

For you, yes. I'm not sure how you can 'like' a programme that randomly locks up or just crashes.

That said, if you're on a Mac, Safari has you well trained in randomly locking up for a few minutes then recovering.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
MYOB said:
For you, yes. I'm not sure how you can 'like' a programme that randomly locks up or just crashes.

That said, if you're on a Mac, Safari has you well trained in randomly locking up for a few minutes then recovering.

It's never (in about 3 years) locked up and crashed on me. I've never heard that from anyone I know that uses it. There might be better products out there but to slam it so vehemently is over the top and misleading for anyone who's thinking of using it.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
DJ Leon said:
It's never (in about 3 years) locked up and crashed on me. I've never heard that from anyone I know that uses it. There might be better products out there but to slam it so vehemently is over the top and misleading for anyone who's thinking of using it.

Rose-tinted spectacles or the most perfectly configured computer in the world, one or the other.

On Windows, it is likely the least stable application known to man. On a PowerPC Macintosh, it can sometimes do the pizza-wheel-of-death when CHANGING TRACKS (thats locking up). Its got the worlds worst mp3 encoder (independently verified, and its got worse in newer versions since Apple started pushing AAC), and even with all its push for AAC, it doesn't support High Efficiency AAC meaning that it can't play many AAC webstreams.

Its interface also looks like a kid was let loose with a dremel and a sheet of aluminium in metalwork class and told to make a pen holder. Completely out of place on a Windows box.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Ah so it is a fanboy thing. This is the sentence that proves it:

"On Windows, it is likely the least stable application known to man"

Absolute nonsense. And no I have no rose-tinted spectacles (I don't get warm feelings from software) and my PC is far fom perfectly configured. I'm just calling it as I've found it.

iTunes may not (for all I know) be the best, but it's fine. Stop going over the top.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
MYOB said:
Its interface also looks like a kid was let loose with a dremel and a sheet of aluminium in metalwork class and told to make a pen holder. Completely out of place on a Windows box.
And Winamps is soo much better?!?!

I use both Winamp and iTunes as I own an iPod so iTunes is easier (and the free version on Winamp doesn't ecord to mp3).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here